Original Post

Accepted Solution

Feedback Friday - Volume 1

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hi everyone,

Welcome to Feedback Friday!

How does it work?

We want to know what's important to you in regards to Origin. We also want you to have a dedicated time and place where you know we'll be listening. So, each Friday, we'll be opening this dedicated thread where you can share your thoughts and suggestions about Origin.

Anything on your mind regarding Origin? let us know!

Message 1 of 18 (1,308 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: FIX ORIGIN! STOP DISTRIBUTING UNFINISHED PRODUCTS!

EA DICE Team

@Avesto11 @ShanEnri @darkewich @Alimeega @Dedudamol @chemsol1 @randome77 @Headshot0013 @GreenRangerno2 @theeternalsw0rd @Retro-Pathfinder

Hi everyone,

I want to thank all of you for taking the time to write your feedback to us regarding Origin. We'll be having a similar thread each week starting on Friday, so that we can offer you a dedicated time and place where you know that your feedback will be heard.

With your participation, we can work on improving Origin where you feel it's necessary.

With that said, all feedback has been collected and forwarded for this week. The topic will be closed for now. Should you have any additional questions or comments in the meantime then I want to clarify that you don't have to wait until Friday! You can always create a new thread to talk to us, or other players.

Thank you,

View in thread

Message 18 of 18 (1,576 Views)

All Replies

Re: Feedback Friday

★★★★ Novice

So I've been using Origin for a while because it's the only way I can play Sims.  For the better part of last year I have been having a number of failed attempts at downloading updates which caused me to stop playing.  However I recently tried again and had absolutely no problems downloading updates to my game AND Origin!  I'm having fun playing again and love the new content for Sims 4 (toddlers and etc).  If Origin continues to update this easy then I will probably start buying new packs.  Keep up the good work! 

Message 2 of 18 (1,275 Views)

EA DICE Team

@chemsol1

That's great to hear!

We've been working hard in the background to add both functionality and quality of life changes. Some of these might not be visible such as improvements to downloads and updates - it's therefore great to hear that you've seen the difference!

If you have any further thoughts, suggestion or questions then you know where to find us :-)

Thanks for sharing!

Message 3 of 18 (1,267 Views)

★★ Novice

The Origin Client doesn't work good on 4K displays. I just got my new laptop, and its hard to use your client. 

Others (Steam/Uplay) I don't have the problem. 

I found threads that were 1-2 years old where the Client was fixed, and then it seems it broke again. 

So it seems, I am not alone: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Origin-4K-Scaling/m-p/6032703#M254919

Thanks

Patrick 

Message 4 of 18 (1,259 Views)

★★★★ Novice
4k scaling fix
Message 5 of 18 (1,254 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Yeah, I just got a new laptop with a 4k screen and origin is just unreadable. I tried to play The Sims but even that is affected. I really need this to be fixed because I really want to play my games, but I can't do that when I can't read anything with this microscopic font. It would really be great if this could be fixed soon.

Message 6 of 18 (1,246 Views)

EA DICE Team

@randome77 @Headshot0013 @GreenRangerno2

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments in this thread! I will make sure this gets to the Origin team.

In the meantime, feel free to stop by for a chat in any of the other threads while you''re here.

Have a nice weekend,

Message 7 of 18 (1,239 Views)

★★★ Novice

Besides the 4k scaling issue, the ui consistently glitches with visible screen tearing, like the vsync isn't properly configured. That might be related if it thinks it's displaying at a different vertical size. Looks like your devs need to read up on this http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/highdpi.html. My guess is the initial fix was to make the app dpi unaware, and that flag got tossed in an update or a windows update caused the workaround to break. Just fix it for real this time.

Message 8 of 18 (1,222 Views)

Re: A few thoughts from Vanya-pathfinder.

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I was asked to reach out to you with question about Origin friends. When someone wants to add you to the list of friends let Origin send you a notification via e-mail or in Skype style when you see the notice in right corner of the screen. 

Thanks @darkewich for this idea. :eahigh_file:

Fasten your seatbelts, drive responsible and follow AHQ rules.

Если вы проживаете в Крыму, ознакомьтесь со специальной темой.

Я не являюсь сотрудником Electronic Arts/I am not EA employee.

Message 9 of 18 (1,219 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Retro-Pathfinder

Hey Vanya,

I've moved the comment into the Feedback Friday thread where we now collect all feedback on a weekly basis. Thanks for sharing.. :-)

And thanks to you as well, @darkewich, for the comment. Feel free to stop by yourself any time you like!

Cheers,

Message 10 of 18 (1,202 Views)