Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

by Sazabinitengale

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

So I found that I was always scrounging for ammo and it never seemed like I had enough. When I fought non-humanoid enemies it seemed that I was always down to my last mag in my secondary gun and my primary ran dry. I was using my Stormcaller (fav) and was using his abilities more than guns. I found that I was using my guns to only supplement my abilities so I switched to higher damage guns.

I had 1 sniper that had 15 rounds total which is stupidly low. My machine pistol (2 round burst) was nice but only had about 100 rounds. If I wasn't killing the humanoid enemies I was constantly running low or out of ammo. Again this is even with using my guns as only a supplement to my abilities. I think the ammo economy needs to be buffed, why do we carry so little ammo? I know some guns have perks to increase ammo drops but I shouldn't have to wait to get up to higher tier guns to stop running out of ammo.

Anyone else notice this or did I just have a bad run? I'm 1 of the people who constantly ran into the loading screen boss and lost. I could join a mission but then I'd have to close the process out and then on relaunch of the game go back into my session. I hope this gets worked out by next week. I played for probably under 2 hours the whole 'demo' because of this Frown

Message 1 of 21 (336 Views)

Re: Feedback: Ammo

★ Guide

Likewise. Felt like I had about 50% of the ammo needed for combat, I think. Especially with the Colossus.

On the other hand, the game clearly is pointing to "Use your abilities; the guns should be an afterthought."

Message 2 of 21 (330 Views)

@Sazabinitengale

A lot of people had issues with the Loading Screens when trying to get into Missions, Strongholds, and even FreePlay.

However, when you closed out of the game, re-launched it, and continued where you left off, did it load you into the Activity that you were working on? Usually that worked for me. 

I ended up playing Solo most the time, so I didn't really have to worry about being put back into a lobby with friends when this happened.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Are you looking for a response in your Thread that I responded to? Please tag me @iluminatethesky

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as a solution✔

DICE Friend

EA Game Changer

I do not work for EA
Message 3 of 21 (328 Views)

★ Apprentice

I was able to put a lot of hours in this weekend. There were a few times when i would find myself running out of ammo, but running around brutalizing enemies with my shock mace seemed to help. 

Message 4 of 21 (321 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
There are +ammo drop stats and +ammo capacity on some of the mods. I think the game is really going to make us think about what stats we take into instances.

I suffered a lot with lack of ammo as well.

It’s annoying but I can see it being an interesting challenge to overcome.
Message 5 of 21 (306 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I did go back into the session when it was a mission but the problem is by the time I loaded back in they were usually near completing it. 1 mission I got in just as they finished. Once even reloading the mission failed. I noticed after ending the process and going back into the game several times my sound would start to mess up and so did any cutscenes. Eventually I just had to spam esc to get through that stuff.

I'm not really complaining about the state of the demo as I took it as a beta (demo to me means a slice of a finished game, which I knew this was not going to be).I just didn't expect having to keep ending the process to try to hopefully get into the game. oh well, maybe next week will be better.

Message 6 of 21 (304 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I never thought the abilities should be how we do primary damage. Abilities should be supplimentary to gun damage which should be primary.

Message 7 of 21 (283 Views)

★ Apprentice

Not at all, during those live streams they barley use their guns, its mainly your abilities and using the ult as much as you can. The guns fill in the gaps between recharges.

Message 8 of 21 (254 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I ran into this more on the Storm than the Ranger. I got pummeled when I landed the first two times on the storm and avoided being on the ground after that. Since all the drops for ammo were on the ground I was always out...despite spamming ice shards like a Jack Frost on meth.

Message 9 of 21 (250 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Didn't really watch any of the streams. Just saying this is counter to most other games. I guess I was playing properly already? Either way, it would still be nice if at the very least we have more reserve ammo...

Message 10 of 21 (247 Views)
Twitter Stream