Re: Feature Request: Allow 'Target Lock' to work based on where you're looking

by Elphaba

Original Post

Feature Request: Allow 'Target Lock' to work based on where you're looking

★★ Guide

Hi Devs.

You've done an amazing job and with the recent addon of TrackIR (thank you so very much) then this game is elevated even more.

I am suggesting a new 'feature' that should be very quick to implement, but if you're still working on the code and adding features (albeit small), could you please add the ability to lock onto a target in the centre of the 'vision' i.e. so you can look up or left and look at a target, and then press a button to lock them up.

The lock ahead isn't always useful or helpful.

Thanks very much.

Message 1 of 4 (591 Views)

★★ Guide
@Elphaba Just wanted to bump in case this got missed over the holidays.
Message 2 of 4 (531 Views)

★★ Guide
@Elphaba are you referring to auto locking? because you can already lock onto forward objects with crosshairs. Autolock Ahead would be a good target base selection mode, which only auto selects all enemies ahead by distance.
Message 3 of 4 (495 Views)

★★ Guide

No. How on earth did you confuse my suggestion with that?

Simply target lock a ship I'm looking at. Simple. Whether I'm looking over my shoulder, right above me or out a side window... if it's in the centre of my 'view' - or close to it - when I press the lock button, that ship becomes locked. 

I can't explain it any clearer. 

Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen manage it simply; so should squadrons which has much faster combat than either of the afore mentioned space combat games. 

Message 4 of 4 (475 Views)