Favourite weapon?

by flatt1e

Original Post

Re: Favourite weapon?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

Prowler is my top tier gun.

Been using it when hardly anyone seem to care about it.

Absolutely disgusting in the most beautiful of ways.

Of course the only issue is having to find a Select Fire.

R301 is my other weapon... i really hate "default assault rifle" type guns as they always seem the best option in most games.

But for me 301 should have you covered at most ranges, accurate, easily usable, don't need mad attachments to make it work.

^the above is my loadout for when i ain't effin about.

I hate when i pick it all up early and teammates solo drop/andor do some dumb sh and quit.

If not them then I love picking up the Triple Take recently. 

Really fun slapping people at range, and snipers have become a bit more viable lately.

Mastiff can also be real fun, for the risk and the feel of power - a real rush!

Volt can be my "couldnt find a Prowler" weapon, or if i cant find a select fire.

There have been guns that have come and gone for me, but the Prowler and R301 remain mainstays since S1.

Message 11 of 19 (296 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

AR- R-301

SUB- Volt/ R-99 pre season 6

Sniper- Triple Take

Pistol- P2020 with HP

Shotgun- Peacekeeper

LMG- Spitfire

Message 12 of 19 (283 Views)

★★★ Guide

I always liked Triple Take, my favourite weapon from Season 1. If i had it, i was often winning games. I used EVA-8 very long too(i never considered it as bad), but lately i simply try the other.

I also like to use hammerpoint mozambique with Hemlock. It is really satisfying to knock someone down with one shot after breaking the shield.

For some time i was using L-STAR too. It was really hard to hit someone at the beginning, but once i realized that it works very well with "circle" crosshairs(especially 2x-4x AOG*) instead of dot-based i started to have good results.

*Btw. that crosshair still doesn't show overheating level when used on L-STAR, unless i don't see something, respawn pls fixThinking

Message 13 of 19 (300 Views)

Champion
@flatt1e One thing I love about the game now is the weapon balance. You can use so many and do well.

If I have to pick tho, I'm running a Tripletake for the reasons mentioned by Mandatory. And then I'm running a flatline with it. Flatline just seems to work for me from medium distance. If I dont find a tripletake I'm running a mastiff or decked out eva 8.
Message 14 of 19 (290 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Almost all weapons seem viable this season, but as a support character I have a soft spot for:

1) Volt + Hemlok
2) Volt + Triple Take

3) Prowler (auto) + Triple Take

Triple takes are just so much fun right now. R301 and Flatline are pretty solid too, and I'll hold on to those until I can swap to my favs. Meanwhile, I'm incredibly bad with sentinels (and to lesser extent longbows) for some reason - I feel like I actually shoot through people with them?

Message 15 of 19 (289 Views)

@flatt1e Apex is probably the only fps game where I cant find a personal favourite weapon. I don't know if its because I like a lot of the weapons or I'm not bothered.

I do like burst guns so I have a soft spot for the Hemlock but the R301 just works for me but I get bored of it.
The Kraber is definitely up there as well, satisfying to use and that sound. 👍
Message 16 of 19 (266 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

close-midrange burstfire prowler best weapon in the game

longrange hemlock best weapon in the game

Message 17 of 19 (258 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@1ronKeys i find select fire to be just lying around everywhere. everytime im looking for some other hop-ups i would just be like "ugh it's another select fire"
Message 18 of 19 (243 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Menopawsthecat i gave triple take a try and wow it's so easy to hit people with that spreading effect. makes me a lot more confident with my sniping skills.
Message 19 of 19 (237 Views)