Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Fans are funny

by buddahcjcc

Original Post

Fans are funny

★★★★★ Guide

They raise the loot drop rate to acceptable levels, then "fix" it almost immediately, the fans break Reddit so that the only problem on the front page of the Reddit for this game is "what happened to the loot" from Saturday to at least Tuesday.

They put ebers in the chests, actually stealth nerfing the loot you recieve, and noone bats an eye,

Embers in chests is more than just annoying.
The way I understand how this works is when you loot something, you get a certain number of rolls. The embers replace items in the loot. This is bad because even if the gear you get is crap, its potential legendaries.
The way it was explained to me, is you loot, you get x rolls. Then they roll to see what you get, IE item or ember, then if it lands on item, you have several other rolls to determine what it is, and some of those rolls are important on getting a legendary to drop. When the roll comes up on ember, no legendary. Its a dead end. So they stealth nerfed drops and noone cared lol

Message 1 of 11 (268 Views)

Re: Fans are funny

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Its called "weighting" and every game that uses RNG does it. As I understand it while the first number that is rolled is random what happens after that isn't strictly random. In previous games I have played they also changed the weights all the time without telling the players.

Message 2 of 11 (258 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

No one cared? There have been quite a few posts on this. Suppose there could have been more of an uproar about it. Freeplay chests are still dropping tons of embers, but stronghold chests are not from what I have seen in the last couple of days. I don’t really care about the freeplay chests as much but getting all embers in stronghold chests just felt bad.

Message 3 of 11 (256 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Banfilidh wrote:

No one cared? There have been quite a few posts on this. Suppose there could have been more of an uproar about it. Freeplay chests are still dropping tons of embers, but stronghold chests are not from what I have seen in the last couple of days.

That could just be RNG as some of the Freeplay chests also drop engrams.

Message 4 of 11 (254 Views)

★ Pro

I don’t think so. The change has been too consistent and other I have played with are seeing the same thing. Pretty sure I have not seen a stronghold chest in the last two days with less than three actual drops. If anyone knows otherwise, hopefully they will chime in.

Message 5 of 11 (251 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

why is it any thread thats negative the same two or three guys seem to post all over it Hi guys lol

@Banfilidh wrote:

I don’t think so. The change has been too consistent and other I have played with are seeing the same thing. Pretty sure I have not seen a stronghold chest in the last two days with less than three actual drops. If anyone knows otherwise, hopefully they will chime in.

cause the devs sure as hell wont or cant explain it.

Message 6 of 11 (248 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

I agree with you, though. Particularly with stronghold chests. I don’t see this thread as “negative”. It’s a legit complaint.

where we differ, I’m guessing, is that I think this was an accidental change.

Message 7 of 11 (241 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Haruchai01 wrote:

Its called "weighting" and every game that uses RNG does it. As I understand it while the first number that is rolled is random what happens after that isn't strictly random. In previous games I have played they also changed the weights all the time without telling the players.

Its called boredom and everyone left..

Message 8 of 11 (181 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@DanteYoda wrote:

@Haruchai01 wrote:

Its called boredom and everyone left..

This is what Ive been saying..Carnivals change the weights in the gun sights as well....randomly.

Message 9 of 11 (173 Views)

★★ Guide

What gets me is the uncommon embers. Getting 4 embers and a single gear drop in a GM stronghold chest is bad enough, but getting quality that was supposedly patched out of the lvl 30 pool is especially not great.

It really makes the whole thing seem like a bug.

Message 10 of 11 (165 Views)
Twitter Stream