Falsely banned without explanation?

by SmileyGecko123

Original Post

Falsely banned without explanation?

★★★★ Novice

Greetings all,

Today I attempted to log onto my account, and it appears I have been banned, hence the message: "the clients game account has been banned: banned."

I am able to access the shop, lobby, firing range etc but unable to join games. I have been playing since season 3, and never used a hacked client, nor attempted to exploit so am fairly dumbfounded as to why I am now banned. I accept I am quite vocal in chat and the forums, though not to a degree that I believe could offend anybody.

I'm not here to complain about the ins and outs of the ban, but rather the faults of the system. No email, no message, no explanation. As a player, it is infuriating to be left in the dark with no explanation, knowing that EA do have the resources to email every player, but not any interest in doing it. I have complained to EA help, and am currently awaiting a response. Just curious if this is a one off or a widespread problem? Thoughts? 

Message 1 of 13 (514 Views)

Re: Falsely banned without explanation?

★★★★★ Expert
@SmileyGecko123 You should've received an email.
Message 2 of 13 (511 Views)

Champion
@SmileyGecko123 You should have gotten an email. Also within the last few days they handed out punishments to people who quit glitched and used the below the map glitch.
Message 3 of 13 (497 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Yep, just read about the bannings. Don't believe I've ever exploited or left in a competitive game, but you never know. Definitely left a few times in casual though, so that could perhaps have an influence? 

Message 4 of 13 (461 Views)

★★ Guide
@SmileyGecko123 I wouldn't worry too much about being vocal here on the forums. Worst you can have happen here is you'll be banned from seeing/posting in the forums. Which is regrettable but as far as I'm aware they won't ban you in game as well unless you really went out of your way to make it happen.
As far as in game, it's really hit or miss.
If you type something inappropriate in game chat and someone screencaps it then sends it in you may be banned for it. I would imagine that the ban length would be dependant upon how bad the language was... with permanent bans most likely reserved for slurs, etc. Same thing goes for voice chat if someone records it. Don't expect that there's no consequences for behaving that way just cause a few trolls you've encountered/reported have managed to stay under the radar.
Lastly, only you would know if you did something that would result in a ban such as what I mentioned above, exploiting, or cheating. If you really are innocent like you claim then support should be able to look into it and lift the ban.
Message 5 of 13 (437 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@SmileyGecko123 But those bans were temporary. Do you see a timer on your ready button?
Message 6 of 13 (431 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
Spoiler

@BaldWraithSimp, nope, no timer. I'm able to start matchmaking but get kicked out in legend selection

Message 7 of 13 (418 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@xTomboyRespecter, thanks for the answer. I genuinely believe I haven't done any wrong, I wouldn't ever use a slur etc. Your response was proper helpful though so thanks for covering all the possibilities. 

Message 8 of 13 (414 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@SmileyGecko123 Might want to contact EA support and appeal.
Message 9 of 13 (405 Views)

Champion
@SmileyGecko123 I would try to get in touch with EA support in a live chat.
Message 10 of 13 (386 Views)