Re: False positive bans

by WienerBeard

Original Post

False positive bans

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I just got a false positive banned from BF2042 this morning, while I was not even home... how is this even possible? I guess its rip my ultimate edition. 

I believe another user @Gryphonv got the same. 

Off course people will say I cheated but Idon't care. I know I did not. I am writing this here so the unfair bans don't get unheard.

Anyone having the same problem? Possible compatibility issues with following software?

Program running :

-iCue Logitech G Hub

-NZXT Cam

-i-CUe

-Steelseries app

-MSI afterburner

-Minerstat

-Asus Armoury crate

-HWInfo64

-Discord

-Nvidia Experience 

UPDATE:

So I ended up sending my HWInfo32 file, and an email EA sent me a week before early release saying my account got compromised. Just received the email notification that EA had reset my password AGAIN (even tough 2FA was active for months now). Went to check my EA Help account to know what's up with that. Result : BAN OVERTURNED

So there is actually hope! However, I cant but stress enough the lack of transparency from EA. Did not even get an email to say the investigation was over. Just a reset your PW. Go play the game, no excuses, no nothing. 

Don't lose hope, I am pretty sure they will have to do something about this soon. They cant stay deaf about something this big. Cant wait to see the status within the next week. 

Message 1 of 1,640 (15,020 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Grabs popcorn

Message 2 of 1,640 (14,994 Views)

★★ Apprentice

same here... There is few more already closed topics without any help.

Message 3 of 1,640 (14,975 Views)

★ Guide
@wettshrt- iCue and anything by Corsair. Easy Anti Cheat detects it as a cheat and will auto ban you without warning. This happens in Hunt a lot too.

I keep saying this but I'll say it again.

Easy Anti Cheat is AWFUL. It bans people for having something from Corsair. How is that fair?
Message 4 of 1,640 (14,939 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

what are people doing? Creating anotehr Origin account and rebuy the game? If so, nonsense... because your still exposed to having the same problem over and over...

Message 5 of 1,640 (14,934 Views)

★ Guide
@wettshrt- Take apart your computer, remove all Corsair stuff, shut down iCue and now you can play the game.

Does that sound unreasonable? It's because it is. EAC is garbage and yourself and everyone else shouldn't have to deal with it. Frown
Message 6 of 1,640 (14,927 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

That will not unban me though haha

I only use iCue for my keyboard at the moment, even tough i have a corsair case, but no RGB

is this some people already did ? and it actually worked?

Message 7 of 1,640 (14,913 Views)

★ Guide
@wettshrt- No, no one has bothered to change their computer set up to appease EAC. I'd prefer to dunk my head in ice water than even know it exists. Honestly though, I'm sorry you got banned. Just another reason to avoid EA.
Message 8 of 1,640 (14,901 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Yo this is hilarious so far.

Message 9 of 1,640 (14,896 Views)

★★ Expert

@TheUltimateSmug wrote:
@wettshrt-Take apart your computer, remove all Corsair stuff, 

What, remove Corsair hardware ?

Message 10 of 1,640 (14,884 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help