Re: Fallen Order Sequel Speculation

by HCarbonic

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

You should get to choose your gender at the start. You and Cere have made yourselves personally known to Vader, so maybe the grand inquisitor will make an appearance? Or maybe Vader himself will come after you or Sith assassins. Fallen Order was about exploring ancient force cultures, so maybe Coruscant jedi temple, mandalore or some clone wars locations?

Message 11 of 94 (842 Views)

★★★ Guide

@SithApprentice39 wrote:
@HCarbonicI would love to have a Cal “Jedi Robes” outfit (preferably one with the cloak/cape/hooded robe and one without). On another note, I use the Commando poncho for Kashyyyk, as it just feels more “green” to me.

The whole concept of "Jedi Robes" has always bothered me. Obi Wan wore them in Episode IV because... that was typical Tatooine desert garb. Everybody on Tatooine wore that. Then suddenly they stuck Yoda in it in Empire Strikes Back and all the Jedi in the prequel Trilogy. The original concept of the Jedi (in the classic comics) was much different! Anywho, sorry that was just an aside. Anywho the whole problem with "Jedi Robes" for any Jedi during the time of the Empire was that Jedi were outlawed, and wearing the robes of a Jedi was conspicuous. Obi Wan got away with it b/c he was essentially blending in with people on Tattooine like I said, but I'd think Cal's attire for the sequel would be something... different. I don't think the rigger jumpsuit would be really appropriate, but definitely something else. It would be nice to get some more diversity, not just... ponchos and jumpsuits. I never played the game, but the dude from TFU had a lot of very well designed clothes. Also, it would be kind of cool to dress up like a purge trooper and infiltrate an Imperial base or something. 

Message 12 of 94 (817 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Gargamel314 wrote:

The whole concept of "Jedi Robes" has always bothered me. Obi Wan wore them in Episode IV because... that was typical Tatooine desert garb. Everybody on Tatooine wore that. Then suddenly they stuck Yoda in it in Empire Strikes Back and all the Jedi in the prequel Trilogy. The original concept of the Jedi (in the classic comics) was much different! Anywho, sorry that was just an aside. Anywho the whole problem with "Jedi Robes" for any Jedi during the time of the Empire was that Jedi were outlawed, and wearing the robes of a Jedi was conspicuous. Obi Wan got away with it b/c he was essentially blending in with people on Tattooine like I said, but I'd think Cal's attire for the sequel would be something... different. I don't think the rigger jumpsuit would be really appropriate, but definitely something else. It would be nice to get some more diversity, not just... ponchos and jumpsuits. I never played the game, but the dude from TFU had a lot of very well designed clothes. Also, it would be kind of cool to dress up like a purge trooper and infiltrate an Imperial base or something. 

Another thing to consider is how would cal look in the robes. There are already mods for that sort of thing and in my personal opinion, they just look so wrong on Cal. One outfit I would love to see in Fallen Order 1 and 2 alike would be some sort of customizable clone wars 13th battalion jedi armor...

Message 13 of 94 (806 Views)

★★ Pro

@Gargamel314 wrote:

@SithApprentice39 wrote:
@HCarbonicI would love to have a Cal “Jedi Robes” outfit (preferably one with the cloak/cape/hooded robe and one without). On another note, I use the Commando poncho for Kashyyyk, as it just feels more “green” to me.

Anywho the whole problem with "Jedi Robes" for any Jedi during the time of the Empire was that Jedi were outlawed, and wearing the robes of a Jedi was conspicuous.

I totally understand your point. But if Jedi Robes are conspicuous, finding a guy in a branded poncho from a scrap yard where a known Jedi escaped into the galaxy or a bright yellow poncho isn’t conspicuous?😉

Its the lightsaber that gives it away to be fair....😂

We should be able to wear the armour of troopers we killed, like storm snow and flame troopers. Purge troopers not so much. 

Message 14 of 94 (772 Views)

★★ Pro
@Eurreker That image is good, gives me Phantom Menace Obi-Wan vibes
Message 15 of 94 (771 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Cal needs to wear a purple suit and clown makeup.

Message 16 of 94 (737 Views)

★★ Pro
@DCDT_GU I’m so tempted to accept that as the solution 😂
Message 17 of 94 (713 Views)

★★ Pro
@HCarbonic Fair enough. I prefer to use different ponchos/outfits/lightsaber colors depending on what planet I am on.
Message 18 of 94 (694 Views)

★★ Pro
@HCarbonic You’d think the lightsaber would give him away!
Still, I do kind of get their point; I just think it could be a cool outfit if done properly.
Message 19 of 94 (690 Views)

★★ Pro
@SithApprentice39 Agreed. And hopefully, we get a scene or two where we pilot the Mantis...que the epic space battles. Who needs squadrons 😉.
Message 20 of 94 (649 Views)