Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Fake E3 preview of the game... And the other problems.

by Demonseid

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

@SofaJockeyUK 

Oh dear... careful, you do read like you have the potential to be the one responsible for this gaming success... Bless you! 😂

Message 11 of 24 (208 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Buddahjcc watch the E3 showing it says BEFORE the preview that it can change due to being an alpha build. then it shows it the ENTIRE time at the bottom of the freaking screen.
Message 12 of 24 (207 Views)

★★★ Guide

@MagikarpsGhost wrote:
@Buddahjcc watch the E3 showing it says BEFORE the preview that it can change due to being an alpha build. then it shows it the ENTIRE time at the bottom of the freaking screen.

Man that's like showing ads for a ferrari and in small print at the bottom of the screen it says "We may in fact give you a VW bug". No body buys "that was alpha footage" crap.

Message 13 of 24 (199 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I'm just going to copy and paste my response from another thread.

As for people still complaining about Anthems downgrade from the E3 showing...GET OVER IT! I dont like how companies can do that at E3 showings either but this is not the first time it has happened. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. If you get fooled a third time then you are a foolish. Besides some of these people complaining can barely run the game the way it is now on their PCs or current console. If they didnt do a downgrade then I guess only people with 4k PCs would be able to play it hehe. 

Message 14 of 24 (181 Views)

★ Guide
I don't blame any specific company for fake E3 videos; they're all to blame (except I haven't seen anything the likes of this from Zenimax or it's parent companies)

- I hadn't seen any E3 footage prior to my purchase; therefore my opinion of it being a rather low practice on all E3 parties seems rather unbiased.

What I rather dislike the most about the business practices is the seemingly hands-off approach executives have.

They demand a product and subsequently take 0 prerogative in over seeing development.

As a consequence these people can be fooled by a fake video and staged "dynamic game play" into approving a substandard product.

Had they actually been involved they'd known what they were experiencing was not an actual game, but rather a technological magic act and would have been pissed.
Message 15 of 24 (152 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL5GSfs9fi4&t=4s

The trailer from their own youtube page... Show me where its says subject to change ???

@MagikarpsGhost 

Message 16 of 24 (146 Views)

★★★ Guide
Dude, anything still in development is pretty much by default subject to change. That's what development is, lol...
Message 17 of 24 (139 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

He is trying to say it states clearly in the video that it is subject to change. I watched the video...didnt see it.. Would like to see where it says it. Nothing wrong with asking someone to back his/her own claims.

Message 18 of 24 (136 Views)

★ Guide
Gamers are really the most entitled "online community" ever. Do you already have your people together for a lawsuit that will fail emberassingly like the one against Hello Games?

The video was promotional content, marketing, showed stuff that was in development. Do you really think game development is always a pink kids birthday party where almost everything is good?

Seriously, gamers as a whole are a pretty interesting representation of humankind. Sometimes they just need something to hate on. One day it's Diablo 3, the other Call of Duty, well and now we have Bioware and EA. And the industry behind this hatemachine is steaming and generating profit after profit. Disgusting.

SMH
Message 19 of 24 (105 Views)

★★★ Guide
Not going to waste my time pointing so.ething out, watch the ACTUAL e3 presentation you will see it. It is the same with EVERY e3 game shown there. Get over your self honestly.
Message 20 of 24 (99 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help