Re: FPS STRIKE PACK DOMINATOR PS4 ON CONTROLLERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by aisthebestletter

Original Post

★★★ Expert

@InyooFACE25 

Oh yes I agree that starting at Diamond, you need to be as good as daltoosh to have a chance of climbing since the majority there uses mouse. Try all you want with a controller, you cannot compete with the speed and precision of vastly superior hardware. 

Many months ago i was asking to just enable native mouse and keyboard for everybody to remove that edge, but alas. ChronusMax from just a topical search seems to advertise doing a lot of stuff, but which macro's work on Apex i can't know from visiting their website.

But so far as the Strikepack goes, it's an affordable paddles mod, and as long as people don't use that Peacekeeper mod it seems fine with me. Of course a lot of people having it will use the mod to autofire a hemlock or whatever, but for EA or Respawn to indiscriminately blanket bann people for a auto fire script is a touchy subject because of people with certain disabilities that may have a legitimate need for some aiding software. Same goes for use of mouse and keyboard.

May be hard to imagine for most players, but there are people with missing fingers. People who spend a lot of time at home with serious illnesses like muscular degenerative diseases.

So while in reality most of those players are just looking for an edge, outright blanket banning is something companies won't do for the aforementioned reasons. 

Message 41 of 57 (3,334 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Wingmannedbro i absolutely agree with you. I have zero issues with people buying it for an affordable way to use paddles as opposed to buying an elite controller.

As far as M&K is concerned, i think they should enable it as well. I don't have too much of a problem with that. It's already starting to become the normal in most other FPS, such as COD, and fornite (i think, i don't play it so not 100%). But if you can't eliminate the problem then just enable it so regular people have the choice of using it as well.

I obviously don't want them to just go in blindly and start banning people for using StrikePack. I was more in hopes of them being able to differentiate those who abuse it's other uses. CronusMax users on the other hand all just need to be wiped, ban them all. I don't know the the technical side of things on how they can or cannot detect things like that but i mean detecting anti recoil (which obviously has been my man complaint here) i don't think should be so difficult, but i could be wrong.
Message 42 of 57 (3,326 Views)

★★★ Expert

@InyooFACE25 

Yeah the new COD and Fortnite both allow mouse and keyboard input regardless of platform. But both those games are cross platform, I don't play COD so I don't know how cross platform works there, in Fortnite PC and Console are mixed regardless of input devices, and Epic Games have made aim assist quite powerful to help controller players "cope"

If that's the right solution for Apex is not very probable since MKB will dominate regardless. But if they could achieve crossplay and input based matchmaking that would be perfect.

But untill then we're stuck with the current realities, also sorry for falling out a bit. I'm on here quite a lot and for some time already, and it gets tiresome when what I say is often misinterpreted. Just to reiterate myself more clearly on that strikepack mod, the script that nearly doubles the rate of fire for the peacekeeper definitely warrants a punishment if used, and is clearly a cheat. If this works or not I don't know since the Peacekeeper had fairly recent nerfs involving the animation to load another shell in the chamber. From the video I saw about that peacekeeper mod it seemed they abused an old exploit where crouching could cancel out that animation to shoot faster.

Message 43 of 57 (3,307 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Wingmannedbro yeah, i definitely get that. The Strikepack does have a anti recoil mod available as well btw that you can personally adjust in the settings to get it to where you want it. Not sure if you've already seen that but yea, you can fine tune the anti recoil on the strike pack. As far as CronusMax, They have scripts for all kinds of crap.
Message 44 of 57 (3,296 Views)

★ Guide

@Wingmannedbro  Yeah the strike pack has anti recoil, aim assist and aim assist plus and much much more. If you spend more money and get the Apex Mod pack. The pack is made for all the guns in apex for the adjustment for the recoil.

Message 45 of 57 (3,295 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

So any update on ANYTHING, ANYTHING at all being done about the strike pack and other people who use MODS?

Message 46 of 57 (3,143 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just to advise no you can't be banned. You can even use these in competitions although not using the mods. They do have aim assist, however the aim assist does not work in multiplayer mode. 

Just to add Battlefield has aim assist built in that you can choose to use or not to use. 

Tbh never used a modded controller. I think if you were on PC you would have a lot more to complain about with the amount of hackers. 

Just to add, I've seen you tubers like Squid, GetGoodGuy, The Brokenmachine and Maxiq use guns and there is very, very little recoil due to the way they use the weapon. 

So anyone that says these mods use aimbot or sum assist in multiplayer is talking absolute rubbish. 

Message 47 of 57 (2,913 Views)

I have noticed this for months on Xbox. You can tell when players have it- they have laser beam accuracy from any distance. I got lasered by a spitfire from 100m away a few weeks ago by someone that was definitely using a cronus. They didn't miss one shot. 

Message 48 of 57 (2,884 Views)

I have also seen people using scripts to squat as soon as they start shooting and for other things like dropping armour mid fight. 

Message 49 of 57 (2,883 Views)

Champion

@EA_David  @EA_Kent  @EA_Darko 

This Strike pack discussion is raising some pretty valid concerns, I'm just wondering if you guys have pinged the query up the chain and

If so, have you received an official statement on the matter?

If not would it be possible to do so? As although the strike packs paddle functions aren't in anyway a cheat,integrating macro's into hardware is essentially cheating.

Thanks in advance!

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 50 of 57 (2,841 Views)