FPS Strike pack / Cronus / XIM, etc.

by Littlxr

Original Post

FPS Strike pack / Cronus / XIM, etc.

★★ Guide

Warning: tl;dr.

I've been a ghost on these forums and across social media in general for the last year, specifically in the silent hope of finding some concrete, credible response from someone "in the know" regarding the aforementioned sorts of mods because my enjoyment of late has been sucked out completely.

I'm short, regardless of what anyone says or how they'd like to justify it, the Strike Pack, Cronus, XIM, etc are all a form of cheating. Anything that bypasses the core mechanics of the game to a player's advantage where it is not readily available to new or unaware players, is undeniably cheating. There really is no argument there.

Paddles, button mapping, etc: perfectly fine. People get to use certain layouts that work best for them. I prefer "button puncher" layout on a standard controller and am effective at using that way, I take my hat off to those who can learn how to effectively use paddles because they're unnatural to me. 

Anti recoil however (the single biggest cancer across online multiplayer games), is unequivocally nothing short of a disease, as are the players that attempt to hide or justify it. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I will encounter an anti-recoil user in every match now on PS4, easily proven via spectating after death, and on a plethora of video clips I've saved to prove it when the "time comes" (the report player button returns to PS4). We all play the game, we all know how a gun feels and looks by now. When a player laserbeams a Havoc across the map, or an R99, we all know factually that due to recoil patterns and human error and simple standard variation, no one on God's earth is able to physically do that consistently. Literally no one. Doesn't matter how long you practice with a gun, every fight is different, every distance will be different, your hands and mind will be different - the variables are infinite and volatile, but somehow, your aim is not? 

I'm extremely pleased to see that someone from EA has noted and passed this stuff on (EA Kent in a recent thread), and that it is considered a known problem that needs addressing - and not something that is considered fair. That much has encouraged me a massive amount, because I actually had to take a break from Apex recently because of it - my enjoyment and happiness playing the game is so incredibly minimal now compared to when cheating wasn't so rampant and embarrassing, combined with the growing concern that maybe for ulterior business reasons, these cheats might even be considered to be fair or even encouraged. The primary reason I play now is because my partner plays with me, and during this lockdown it's one of the only ways we can have fun together. Lately however, and I hate to say it, but like most FPS games nowadays, the majority of this player base is sickeningly toxic, and have no sportsmanship nor altruistic tendencies about them as evidenced by the responses and attitudes of players online, on Twitch, YouTube, Twitter, etc. Using mods and then lying about it and claiming you're just "that good" and everyone else needs to get gud? Justifying it even, claiming that "Anyone can buy one so it's fair bro lmao"? Havoc'ing you across the map and teabagging your death box as if there was any actual skill involved in the kill, and then telling you that "EA and respawn won't do * lmao"?

It really has to change. I don't want to just come here to cry about it though, I want to offer constructive feedback on a possible temporary solution. I won't pretend to know anything about game code, development, or the ease of simply adding features. But from a purely mathematical and logical standpoint, my two proposed solutions for the anti-recoil plague is to either:

1) add variable recoil patterns to all full auto guns

Or 

2) add variable bullet bloom or a "cone" effect to fired bullets based on distance that reduces accuracy.

That is literally all it should take. The anti-recoil mods rely on counteracting predictable patterns of each gun. So by altering the patterns to a state of pure unpredictability, no script is going to be able to accurately counteract it, and eliminate its recoil fully. Obviously the recoil patterns must be randomised otherwise they would still eventually be learned and countered by the basement-dwelling gimps behind the anti-recoil codes.

Either way, just please do something, and tell us about it. I promise you that there is an unfathomably large portion of your player base that are close to downing their controllers for good over this, and an equally large portion frustrated at the lack of communication and accountability regarding it. We just want to know that we're being heard here, and that these clowns with their cheats aren't the ones dictating things with all the streams, social media chatter, merchandise and skins and heirlooms they're buying.

Tl;dr, cheating sucks. Must end. 

Message 1 of 35 (4,112 Views)

Re: FPS Strike pack / Cronus / XIM, etc.

★★ Guide

Inb4 yes, as a matter of fact I am passionate about this issue. 

Message 2 of 35 (4,102 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Littlxr I agree 100% however I whole heartedly believe yourself and most people confuse skill and cheating. Just because you're spectating someone and you see they are able to compensate recoil better than yourself doesn't mean they're cheating.

Most cheats are blatantly, egregiously, obvious. If recoil control is your only evidence of cheating you'll lose that battle 10 out of 10 times.
Message 3 of 35 (4,074 Views)

★★ Guide

I appreciate the discrepancies between recoil control and anti recoil. However I am referring to anti recoil, or zero recoil. As you say, it is painstakingly obvious when someone is cheating with no recoil. 

I can compensate for recoil too, I wouldn't ever really get kills or damage otherwise. We can all do it to some degree. But there's being able to compensate for recoil, and there's being able to eliminate it unfairly. The latter is what I refer to, and unfortunately it is absolutely rampant on console now. 

Message 4 of 35 (4,064 Views)

★ Guide

@vilefox xim is 100 percent a cheat, aim assist on mnk. people will discredit u at every turn, go on king

Message 5 of 35 (4,017 Views)

★★★ Expert

I cannot agree to solution #2

Randomized weapon accuracy is an absolutely joke in a shooter. As some of you will know, i've been mainly playing fortnite since November last year, and with several months of experience there, I can safely say that weapon bloom is a far larger infringement on your enjoyment of the game that the aimbotters I run into every now and then, not anti script Andy's but actual 100% headshot honcho's.

Besides, an aimbot cheater in Fortnite has cheats to eliminate weapon bloom all together. This means that bloom only makes it even harder for a player to compete with a cheater.

I get that cheaters are annoying, but Fortnite is a shining example that bloom is literally the worst thing in a shooter.

Message 6 of 35 (3,973 Views)

★★ Guide
@Wingmannedbro I appreciate that, I understand the issues it poses. I remember when Destiny kept tweaking the bloom on hand cannons and ended up making them redundant in the process etc. I'm just fresh out of ideas and don't know where to turn.

My main solution is the one I didn't suggest, which is work harder to bring back the report player option, which produces a video clip of the offending player's gameplay from his own perspective or something. But unfortunately it's been a long time since Respawn pulled the report option to "work with Sony" on a solution, and I'm worried it's not coming back any time soon.
Message 7 of 35 (3,949 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Littlxr 

Yeah i'm pretty sure that use of mouse converters is actually allowed. At least the transceiver part of it, not sure what their stance is about the rapid fire macro and no recoil aimlock those things have.

They have been dodging those questions like Neo dodges bullets in the Matrix.

But i doubt that either of those two macro's is what you actually see. They're very bad in my opinion.

Anti recoil script for example completely locks the reticle in place, this also means you cannot even more the cursor whatsoever, would only work on a target that stands still entirely, which nobody does, and is more to get you killed if you get attacked while shooting since you will be unable to even respond to it.

If you already use a mouse tranceiver anyway, it's actually much better to just rely on mouse aim.

Message 8 of 35 (3,899 Views)

★★ Guide
@Wingmannedbro So it's evident based on some of your responses that you're a XIM (mouse) user. I'm not really referring to that as being the biggest problem, of course providing the recoil is the same for you, and there are no rapid-fire macros enabled, etc. If, however, mouse users gain an advantage through being able to adjust and compensate for recoil far easier than possible on console, then I'm sorry but it's just simply not fair.

We're not talking about one player using a Dualshock 4 and the other using a Scuf here. We're talking about people using a modification to play others online that is still not actually allowed under the T&Cs and therefore must be added using a third-party method, and that's why it's a problem. It means that not everyone can just go to the store and come home with a PS4 mouse and keyboard and plug it in to "git gud", which means that people in the know, have that advantage over players that don't have the option.

Anyway I digress, I don't want to dissuade from my real problem which is anti-recoil. It's a cancer, it is in every single game I play now (and I'm really not exaggerating), it is GLARINGLY obvious and I'm immensely bored of players online being like "Bro it's called getting good and controlling recoil lmao". Because either they're trolling, fan boys, or the more likely option being they use the cheats themselves because they're equally cowardly and can't bear to admit it to the world because they'll be found out.

You head over to Twitch or whatever and see a lot of these streamers using the Strike Pack openly, encouraging people to buy it, claiming there are no repercussions etc. These people will be nobodies again if a ban comes into force, they'll be bang average at the game with no device keeping their aim steady for them, they'll all fade back into bitter anonymity whilst the rest of us can start enjoying true competition again and that'll be the most beautiful day since the game's release.
Message 9 of 35 (3,845 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Littlxr 

No, it is not evident from my responses i am a Xim user, I don't even play Apex, I play Fortnite with a mouse and keyboard natively.

But mouse transceivers have been around for quite a long time now, it's completely above ground, the demonstration and instruction video's can be viewed by anyone on Youtube, as well as the buyers reviews.

I have seen them, and im telling you straight up that no recoil don't work the way you think they do, and if you see players in games who seem to have little to no recoil, they probably use a mouse.

No recoil scripts don't allow the user to move the reticle, I have stated this before in my previous comment, if the people you spectate are able to move around their crosshairs while shooting to track running targets, that means they are NOT using no recoil scripts.

Message 10 of 35 (3,813 Views)