Re: FIX machmaking system

by Axs5626Sxa5001

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@SlivPTS

So the highest I can achieve is Masters, which suggests I’m in the top 2% of players regarding skill.
The idea that someone can be in the top 2% but be stuck in some ambiguous “SBMM bracket” while losing the majority of their match because they only play the top 1% (for pubs!) is ridiculous.

This would make perfect sense if we were talking about Ranked. But the SBMM in pubs is simply too strict— it was far better back before they introduced Duo’s in 2019.

Message 11 of 25 (338 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@Axs5626Sxa5001
But these 2% is a very wide range of skill. As I understand you have squad, right? Getting master/pred is achievement of whole squad, not a single player. It is possible to get master by playing with randoms, but then you must be one of top players, or very lucky with random squad mates.

I am not playing ranked much. Usually 2-3 evenings every season, or when in ranked is map which i like. Since i am playing only with randoms, i prefer to stop on Platinum. Maybe that's the key? You get Master and then you play against masters/preds, while i stay on Platinum and usually i don't see masters/preds in my games.

Message 12 of 25 (327 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@SlivPTS

I hear you.

I don’t think the SBMM algorithm looks exclusively at rank. I have created various accounts to test SBMM. After 4 to 6 games on a new account (playing normally), I am thrown right back into lobbies that consist of 80% masters/diamond players. The algorithm is efficient at assessing my performance from those 5 games and throwing me into lobbies with similarly skilled opponents.

I strongly believe that the SBMM algorithm assesses KD, damage per match, and accuracy (people say this isn’t likely but COD has tracked accuracy for years).

Again it really comes down to me being against the philosophy of strong SBMM in casual modes. Strong SBMM nets weaker players more wins than they would have obtained if the lobby were constructed randomly or connection based. Its forced equity. As it pertains to pubs, skilled players should perform better than weaker players. By virtue of practice, a weaker player is afforded the opportunity to win more via improvement. As it stands now, there isn’t much a player can do to win more consistently in pubs. The moment I start doing better, the algorithm pits me against stronger opponents.
Message 13 of 25 (316 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

One of the reasons they are probably seeing more people playing ranked is because the matchmaking for pubs is not very good. Both who you get teamed up with and the lobbies you play in.

Message 14 of 25 (302 Views)

Champion
@ForeignFilm Right now more are playing ranked because they forced the ltm into pubs and pubs is a total disaster right now
Message 15 of 25 (300 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The whole game is a buggy mess right now

Message 16 of 25 (297 Views)

★★★★ Guide

75% of  NON ranked match seems to end before the first ring now

Message 17 of 25 (291 Views)

9/10 times I am placed in squads with horrible players. Regularly eliminated within 2 minutes and when I look at the summary, I have 400+ damage and 1 or 2 kills and they always have 0 or less than 50 damage each. Then I will have that 1/10 game where I get paired with crazy good players. We almost always win. 

Message 18 of 25 (267 Views)

★ Pro

This premade squad won last 2 games. In both games i was 1 vs 3 because my team mates simply die and leave.

tryhards4.png

I was able to kill lifeline, but wraith killed me.

If they won 2 games in s row (maybe even more), it means that there is skill gap between players in a game and this squad.

Please STOP put together premade squads with randoms. I am totally fine waiting 10 seconds longer if i will not have to play against premade squad of tryhards.

Message 19 of 25 (255 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@SlivPTS I hear ya... I really do.. the number of times I die to 15, 20, 30+ thousand kill players and smurfs is unbelievable. But as annoying as it is, take it as a compliment. You must be doing something right to get matched with these players.
Message 20 of 25 (251 Views)