Re: FIX 144 FPS BUG

by NtQueryAim

Original Post

FIX 144 FPS BUG

★★★★★ Novice

Seriously how long does it take? An embarrassing huge mistake to say FPS is capped at 300 and accidentally cap it at 144, now zero communication about it and taking forever to fix it? Terrible

Message 1 of 12 (991 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I can understand that but it's probably because less than 1% actually have a monitor that supports more than 144hz and so the majority doesn't really care at the moment.

No need to rage like this here, there is always a reason for something.

I have to admit though, that I expected this thing to be fixed in the recent "anti crash update".
Message 2 of 12 (985 Views)

★ Guide

You don't need a higher refresh rate monitor than this actual 144fps cap to benefit from the lower input latency higher framerates yield even if the monitor is lower refresh rate. This is the reason why FPS pros don't use any kind of adaptive sync because it would require them to run a cap on the framerate to work, even when eSports norm was only 120Hz monitors, they would still run the games at 300+ frames. I honestly didn't expect raising the cap from 144 to 300fps to be such a hard task for the devs, i would've liked to enjoy 240Hz properly.

Message 3 of 12 (978 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I know that, because your input is processed every frame, and not every time your monitor updates. The thing is though, that a 240hz monitor user loses much more from this problem than a 144hz or even 60hz user. I just mean that it's not as relevant to those imo as it is to the 240hz users, which is only a small percentage of the player base.

Imagine they would have accidentally capped the FPS at 60, I bet 1 hour later there would've been a hotfix ready.

Message 4 of 12 (974 Views)

★★★ Newbie

please fix it ASAP 144hz here the screen tearing is so bad

Message 5 of 12 (950 Views)

★★ Novice

I say keep it at 144. Most of the peeps running 240-300 are the pro players and this just gives them more of an advantage that has nothing to do with skill. I found it hilarious watching streamers the day after this happened dying and complaining about it. I run at 240 and it was definitely different.

Message 6 of 12 (815 Views)

★ Guide

@Tazur1 wrote:

I say keep it at 144. Most of the peeps running 240-300 are the pro players and this just gives them more of an advantage that has nothing to do with skill. I found it hilarious watching streamers the day after this happened dying and complaining about it. I run at 240 and it was definitely different.

So i assume you wouldn't like the "advantage" if you ran at 240? Let's be real here. We should all run at 60Hz because that's what the majority uses right? What's the point in upgrading hardware then? Ignorant people

Message 7 of 12 (806 Views)

★★ Novice

No, I'm not that concerned about killing 10 players every game. I'm a weekend warrior on gaming, and just enjoy a few good matches here and there. My perspective on the matter had nothing to do with my gameplay. It was about watching streamers and seeing how they weren't dominating as easily. It honestly provides much better content when watching as a viewer.

I'm assuming you work for a hardware company? Yeah everyone should be able to upgrade thousands of dollars of hardware every 12 months or suffer a disadvantage in game. Why do people say "ignorant people", when it is just someone with a different opinion. Get over yourself, everyone doesn't agree with you or me.

Message 8 of 12 (779 Views)

★★ Expert
I'm good at 144
Message 9 of 12 (738 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@jumanjaydazed wrote:
I'm good at 144

Ok, cool.

Message 10 of 12 (717 Views)