FIFA Mobile - Fantasy Premier League

by EA_Andy

Original Post

FIFA Mobile - Fantasy Premier League

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

FPL.png

The start of the 2016/17 Premier League season is nearly upon us and that means Fantasy Football is back!

As a big fan of the Fantasy Premier League game I wanted to set up a league for AHQ - FIFA Mobile so that we can all play together and see who's the best!

To set up a team you'll need to go to the Fantasy Premier League site and sign up. Once you've done that you'll want to go to leagues --> create and join leagues --> join a league --> join private league. The code you'll need is below:

Banner.png

You can find the FAQs, rules and T&Cs for the games here.

There is also an app that can be used for iOS or Android through Amazon or Google.

It would be great if you could use your AHQ username as your name or team name on FPL just so we have a better idea of who we're up against but no worries if you use another name. I've been playing for years so have my normal account to use and you'll see me in there as "Andy M".

If you have any questions please do let me know - I've been playing this game for a while and have a good understanding of it.

Good luck to all, you're going to need it! Standard smile

- Andy -

Message 1 of 114 (23,549 Views)

Re: FIFA Mobile - Fantasy Premier League

Champion (Retired)

@EA_Andy...Awesome...Hope we can dethrone u this time... @glenzilly ..

Is there n app for this...I dont see 1...

Message 2 of 114 (23,526 Views)

@brad_20160201 - Just added links to the app into the main post Standard smile

- Andy -

Message 3 of 114 (23,522 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Count me in @EA_Andy@brad_20160201. I assume scoring and rules are the same as the Euro tourney?

Message 4 of 114 (23,510 Views)

[ Edited ]

@glenzilly-  Not quite. I'll try and list the main differences off the top of my head:

• One captain per game week (no swaps)
  • There's bonus points awarded in each match (3, 2, 1)
  • 1 Free transfer per week (rest cost 4 points a time) - you can have a max of 2 transfers saved up, anything additional is lost.
  • 2 wildcards - 1 for each half of the season
  • 3 Chips - All out attack (can play 2-5-3 formation), bench boost (get points from players on bench too), and triple captain (captain scores triple instead of double) - can use each chip only once in whole season and only one can be active at a time (wildcards also count as chips)

- Andy -

Message 5 of 114 (23,498 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@EA_Andy...sounds complicated 2 me ..lol...is there any way we can change our entire  squad in between or r we stuck with it for entire season...

Message 6 of 114 (23,491 Views)

@brad_20160201 - wildcards let you change your whole team. One to be used before Christmas and one after.

- Andy -

Message 7 of 114 (23,483 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Nice that the salary cap is more realistic vs. the Euro tourney and you can't just pick a team of all the top players.

Message 8 of 114 (23,467 Views)

@glenzilly - To be fair to the Euro game it was 3 players from a team at the start but gradually got more as the tournament went on (and there were less teams to choose from).

There's a Champions League game that works the same way. 3 at the start but more as you get to QF, SF, Final etc.

It's quite hard to build a nice team in FPL at the start - lots of players to choose from, they've priced them quite well this year.

Don't forget there will be price changes too (rises and falls) every week.

- Andy -

Message 9 of 114 (23,449 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@EA_Andy - I have read through the rules and it is still not entirely clear to me how the substitutions work. It appears a player is auto substituted if one of your starters does not play, assuming you have a sub of that same player type? I am assuming we don't have to manually substitute players each day as we did for Euro?

This also might mean it is probably a waste to have two good keepers since keepers are pretty predictable starters.

Message 10 of 114 (23,432 Views)