[ANNOUNCEMENT] The all new EA app for Windows + FAQ

by EA_Atic

Original Post

[ANNOUNCEMENT] The all new EA app for Windows + FAQ

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Welcome to the EA app! Click here to download!

General Questions

What is the EA app?

• The EA app for Windows is Electronic Arts’ all new, enhanced PC platform where you can easily play any of your Origin games and discover new favorites.

Is the EA app for EA Play members only?

• Nope, the EA app is available to anyone with a Windows PC that meets the minimum specifications.

I need some help, who can I contact?

• You can ask questions on the EA forums here or reach out to EA Support here

What platform is the EA app available for?

• 64-bit minimum versions of Windows 7, 8.1, 10 & 11.

I am a member of EA Play or EA Play Pro on Origin. Will my membership transfer?

• Yes.

Why should I use the EA app instead of Origin?  

• "Origin is a platform that's been around for over ten years. Given its age, it unfortunately has performance and reliability limitations, and we've heard our players' feedback about those issues.
  • The EA app is meant to be an answer to that feedback: it's built from the ground up to be a faster, lighter and modern app built with the future in mind. All your Origin purchases are there, too."

EA app and Functionality/Features

What will happen to my friends list?       

• Your Origin friends list automatically transfers over once you log in to the EA app, so you don’t have to worry about remembering all those player IDs. Plus, it’s super easy to import friends lists from Steam, Xbox, and PlayStation from within the EA app.

Origin used to have "x" feature (wishlist, gifting, etc.) when will "x" be available in the EA app?

• The EA app will consistently be updated to serve all players better over time. If we see significant demand for "x" feature, we'll be sure to use that feedback to craft the future of the app.

Where can I access advanced launch options?

• The game tile in your library has a button to access game properties which contains the advanced launch options.

Shift + F1 for the in-game overlay is an input used by my game. How do I fix this?

• You can turn off in-game overlay in the Settings, which is accessible by clicking on your profile thumbnail.

Account FAQ

Does my account transfer to the EA app?

• Yep, you can log in to the EA app with the same credentials you use for Origin.

Will my saved data and in-game hours transfer over?

• Yes. Any game that lists in-game hours on Origin will list those hours on the EA app. Saved data currently on your PC or saved via Origin's cloud will also transfer.

Will my achievements transfer?

• Absolutely. Head to a game’s Game Hub in the EA app to view your achievement badges.

Games & Owned Content FAQ  

What will happen to my Origin games? 

• Once you download the EA app and log in to your account, all your games should be ready for play. If you find something to be missing from your library on the EA app, please contact EA Support here or make a bug report here.

What if I notice one (or more) of my games is missing. What do I do?

• We've worked really hard to ensure all games and content previously available on Origin are ready for you on the EA app. If something is missing, and you believe it should be in your library, please contact EA Support here or make a bug report here.

What will happen to my in-game purchases?

• Your in-game purchases will carry over when you log in to the EA app.

Will I have to re-download my games?

• No re-downloading necessary. Any games you already installed on Origin will appear in your collection on the EA app, ready to play. If you don't see any of your games, DLC or other content, that's a bug. Please contact EA Support here or make a bug report here so we can help resolve the issue.

I purchased a game on Origin. Where do I download it? 

• Purchases are tied to your account, and your account is used on both the EA app and Origin. In other words, it doesn't matter which EA platform you used to purchase your game, you can download it from either the EA app or Origin.

I purchased a game on ea.com. Where do I download it?               

• Purchases are tied to your account, and your account is used on both the EA app and the website. In other words, it doesn't matter which EA platform you used to purchase your game, you can download it from the EA app. 

I'm looking to purchase DLC that I can't find on EA.com.

• Where can I buy things like in-game currency, bundles or other microcontent?   While there may be some content unavailable for purchase through EA.com, you will be able to find and purchase any of this content on the EA app directly.

Origin for Mac vs EA app for Mac FAQ

I use Origin on my Mac. What do I need to do?  

• Nothing at all. Origin for Mac is still the place you can access your games.     

The EA app & Steam

I play EA games on Steam & Epic Games. What does the EA app mean for me?

• The EA app has been integrated with Steam and Epic Games! When you launch an EA title through either of those clients, the EA app may launch alongside it in order to run the game. 

Troubleshooting

The EA app won't launch no matter what.            

• Please attempt a full restart of the application.
  • If a restart of the app doesn't work, try restarting your computer.
  • If that also doesn't work, contact EA Support here or make a bug report here.

Can't launch "x" game from the EA app.

• Please attempt a full restart of the application. 
  • If a restart of the app doesn't work, try restarting your computer.
  • If that also doesn't work, contact EA Support here or make a bug report here.

Why are games missing from my library?

• Games shouldn't be missing - you've likely found a bug!
  • Can you contact EA Support here so we can dig into this for you?

The EA app is crashing   

• Do you have an error code?
  • Contact EA Support here or make a bug report here so we can help you resolve this issue.
Message 1 of 1 (12,691 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help