FAQ - EA Desktop Beta

by Straatford87

Original Post

FAQ - EA Desktop Beta

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Welcome to the EA Desktop beta! Click here to download!

What is the EA Desktop App?
Built on feedback from players like you, the EA Desktop app is the newest iteration of our PC platform. The beta includes new features and overall improvements to power a faster, smarter, more connected desktop app.

Why should I join the EA Desktop beta?
Your feedback matters. As with any beta, it’s a work-in-progress; and we hope you’ll join and share the good, the bad, and every experience in between so we can build a PC gaming platform that you’ll love.

When does the beta start?
You can join the beta right now. Just download the application from this link and login!

Will I be able to switch back to Origin once I download the beta app?
Origin will remain live, so you’ll be free to toggle between the apps to continue playing the games you love in either experience.

Will my Origin games need to be re-downloaded on EA Desktop?
Nope! Any games you've downloaded through Origin will be ready to launch through EA Desktop.

What will happen to the purchases I make on the beta platform?
All transactions (including a-la-carte games, subscriptions, MTX, and DLCs) on the platform are permanent, real transactions tied to your EA Account.

Where can I find the purchases I made on EA Desktop?
Purchases made through the beta are tied to your EA Account — they will appear on both Origin and EA Desktop.

Not seeing all the games from Origin?
Don’t fret. We’re adding titles to the beta all the time. So if your game isn’t here, it will be soon. Plus, any games missing from the beta are still available to play on Origin.

Message 1 of 1 (92,308 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help