F1 Beta 2022, how to get that?

by agbboagabbo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

F1 Beta 2022, how to get that?

★★★ Newbie

Hello everyone! 

I have some questions:

1) When is going to be released the beta of F1 2022?

2) Why some people can play F1 2022 and other ppl can't? If there is a way answer please. (I've just seen Jarno Opmeer's video and whoa! Looks really beautiful)

3) Are they going to fix Ferrari engine? Looks quite similar to last year

4) Are they going to add porpoising effect on the cars? I mean, ik that are doing the possible to make happy F1 players, but would be very interesting tbh. So with cars upgrades during F1 2022 season they could add some features that upgrade by upgrade, race by race, the porpoising issue gets lower until a total fix of that issue in-game.

5) Are they going to put back the old ERS management? Like in 2018 and 2019? It was so cool! 

6) PC specifications minimum to run F1 2022? 

Thank you! 

Message 1 of 23 (7,346 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: F1 Beta 2022, how to get that?

★★★★ Guide

I invite you to the following thread to find out the answer to this question

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Updates/F1-22-BETA-program-update/td-p/11514239

View in thread

Message 23 of 23 (4,257 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Pro
@agbboagabbo 1) there is a rumour we aren’t getting a beta at all
2)they are content creators invited by EA/Codemasters
3) it’s a work in progress build so likely to change
4) they won’t as it was quite challenging to put in
5) the new rules won’t allow that
6) should be on the steam or origin page
Message 2 of 23 (7,330 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for answering mate Standard smile

Message 3 of 23 (7,326 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@Cpayne32 I have my doubts about 4) but we will see that one once Merc have finished their work on the W13 for iRacing..

And about 5) that has nothing to do with the rules, the rules only restrict engine modes not ERS deployment modes! Its just changed because the real F1 drivers complained about the complexity and that they dont have anything to do except occasionally push the overtake button but in the background the team controls the ERS modes..
Message 4 of 23 (7,298 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Cpayne32 I think you're right re: Forum beta. Dates don't really align to last year despite an early July game launch and EA typically do beta/testing through their platforms
Message 5 of 23 (7,279 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the answer.

Message 6 of 23 (5,886 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I know this is somewhat answered, but just wanted to put in some input to it as well.

I came to the conclusion that there wasn't likely going to be a beta for non-content creators about a few days ago. The reasons were outlined as such

1) Previous Beta release codes for Codemasters F1 titles have been general well out by now and most of it would have been done and finished up. So releasing a beta for the public now would be a little counter productive as there is next to a month and a half left for release, so the content creators are probably giving away the sufficient material needed to not need other input.

2) EA after talking to some mates about this, have been known to be apprehensive about private beta testing and I can't imagine this being any different.

3) It wasn't long after the content creators input that came out when leaks started to occur. My guess this might have been before the content creators were allowed to release the information they could. So if that happened with content creators, it wouldn't have taken much longer for someone John/Jane/Javier Doe to not be able to keep it contained and spread leaks etc. Codies I think were too soft on that notion because they kept releasing it to said people despite this, I actually respect EA for being quite tight on this. 

4) Most of the people who get the beta aren't really even using it to help the game out, rather to get ahead of the game if they race leagues. GIves them a chance to understand the games mechanics before everyone else and gives them a slight edge (even if the game updates post beta and changes the mechanics again). This at least gives everyone a good chance to be on a level playing field in leagues (unless of course those content creators are in leagues already, which I think a few are.... lol)

Just my thoughts on the matter, and honestly I'd be happy for there not to be a beta. Means I don't have to constantly beg and plead my case to get one only to be denied every time lmao! 

Message 7 of 23 (5,776 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@EnvisionRacing wrote:

I know this is somewhat answered, but just wanted to put in some input to it as well.

I came to the conclusion that there wasn't likely going to be a beta for non-content creators about a few days ago. The reasons were outlined as such

1) Previous Beta release codes for Codemasters F1 titles have been general well out by now and most of it would have been done and finished up. So releasing a beta for the public now would be a little counter productive as there is next to a month and a half left for release, so the content creators are probably giving away the sufficient material needed to not need other input.

2) EA after talking to some mates about this, have been known to be apprehensive about private beta testing and I can't imagine this being any different.

3) It wasn't long after the content creators input that came out when leaks started to occur. My guess this might have been before the content creators were allowed to release the information they could. So if that happened with content creators, it wouldn't have taken much longer for someone John/Jane/Javier Doe to not be able to keep it contained and spread leaks etc. Codies I think were too soft on that notion because they kept releasing it to said people despite this, I actually respect EA for being quite tight on this. 

4) Most of the people who get the beta aren't really even using it to help the game out, rather to get ahead of the game if they race leagues. GIves them a chance to understand the games mechanics before everyone else and gives them a slight edge (even if the game updates post beta and changes the mechanics again). This at least gives everyone a good chance to be on a level playing field in leagues (unless of course those content creators are in leagues already, which I think a few are.... lol)

Just my thoughts on the matter, and honestly I'd be happy for there not to be a beta. Means I don't have to constantly beg and plead my case to get one only to be denied every time lmao! 

Honestly, I disagree. The beta process improved out of sight in the last two years.

HOWEVER Raised eyebrow

The beta was too late to feed into the main release last year. Huge issues were picked up - Thrustmaster, Fanatec and Logitech wheel issues. Many recurring issues were also picked up, some still unresolved even in revised patch 1.18 in F1 2021. 

The scope (size) of the beta was increased threefold to address multiplayer testing being difficult (NDA issues meant you could not discuss or find out who had the beta so organising online races was hard). Unfortunately the applicant quality was relaxed to increase the seats per platform. The desired increase in multiplayer testing did not occur, as (predictably) relaxing the application requirement (or decreasing the quality of applications rejected) did not lead to more multiplayer testing as players constantly swapped lobbies to try to find one to compete in once they were crashed out or lost track position in (i.e. playing to "win" not to test).

I imagine the actual feedback quality did not improve despite the higher numbers, the forum was sadly too open for people feeling the need to voice their personal opinion on how good the game was and what (in their razor honed opinion) should be changed or implemented, etc. not realising that at that point (a public test) that the creative or architectural game decisions had already been made!

I am sure that the big issues found in beta did ultimately hurt pre and early (peak) sales.

This time, EA are stamping their 'feel' on the process no doubt after quickly considered analysis of the points I've made. On the CM side, the dev feedback was hopelessly under-resourced (doing a fabulous job all things considered). Due to the year we have just seen, the game has been in permanent flux, patches have been late / overdue, broken.

This year, it will all be about hype to get those key (pre) sales. Hence the influencer / creator route.

Have to say I've been personally disappointed by the lack of information and updates about the game. VR headset support, controller support is still pretty thin. There are no timetables for the delivery of post release content and possible DLC. Finally, Origin client (or EA App) is to be introduced, and to some who have followed the franchise and within the genre may not have encountered the client before (I can certainly count myself in that segment). It is fundamentally unclear how the tiering works, what the client roadmap is, etc.

I expect the game to be similar to previous titles in terms of playability (somewhere between as good as it got and as bad as it gets) with the Codemasters experience over the span of the franchise. Quite how this will be handled, I expect more like last year. 

The potential positives are EA servers for online services (and there has been some dev work done on Racenet functionality) and for an increase headcount in dev liaison, but we will have to wait and see how that pans out.

EA Playtesting may or may not bear fruit this cycle, perhaps this year will be the teething year on engagement levels with EA lead. Only time will tell.

Message 8 of 23 (5,654 Views)

★★★★ Guide

It's been a while and there's still silence about it so I don't think there will be anything

Message 9 of 23 (5,202 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@pawel567 its still long way to release date. And even this can mean that they are rrally working hard on the game, which is great. There will be a beta, but we must wait.
Message 10 of 23 (5,161 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help