F1 23 Wishlists and Suggestions

by LittleAmigoBrit

Original Post

Re: F1 23 Wishlists and Suggestions

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

My wishlist! Some will echo what others have posted as well

General Suggestions
- More extensive testing (or an open beta)
- Remove F1 Life and Supercars entirely - unless we're going to see different and not 1st person cutscenes of our player in casual wear, just remove F1 Life entirely
- New game engine (but please extensively test on modern VR headsets such as a Quest 2, as well as including Quest runtime/VR option instead of just SteamVR)
- MyTeam Co-Op so we don't just take over another team. The framework is right there, we just need our own team as an option!
- I don't know why this isn't possible, but let Custom season be well and truly custom. Let us re-order the races how we want in the custom mode

Gameplay Suggestions
- Red flags + formation lap from pit road to the grid (which should also have a skip option), also rolling starts in the Wet
- Manually driving in pit road (pressing a button isn't immersive, actually turning in and out of the box is)
- Better/more talkative engineer (currently when a SC gets deployed, sometimes I don't hear any info about it)
- Better AI behavior when you're on a slow lap and well off line
- Teammate requests: Don't fight, fight, let player pass, let teammate pass - Letting the teammate pass in F2's opener for 2020 if I remember correctly, should be in the main game depending on championship points and/or general pace
- Include "We'll come out in X position if we box now" when using Pit Stop Information
- Include "When did [Driver last name] box," and "When did [Position X] box," and "Where is [Driver Last Name]?" - latter line primarily to use with AI - to better get an idea of strategy

Message 11 of 78 (675 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@LittleAmigoBrit wrote:

Probably a new game engine as its the same one used in f1 2009

Only in name. I don't know what version they're on now, but F1 2015 bumped the EGO engine to v4.0, and that was a pretty big rewrite at the time.

Message 12 of 78 (642 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@gallusnumpty From what I am aware of the engine is still 4.0, which would make it 7 years old, and I generally think having a new and updated engine for the f1 games would make the experience much better and hopefully less buggy

Message 13 of 78 (614 Views)

My wishlist?

NO MORE CODEMASTERS BUT A DEV WHO ACTUALLY UNDERSTANDS WHAT A COMMUNITY WANTS AND NEEDS BY LISTENING TO THEM, BEING TRANSPARANT AND ENGAGING AND INTERACTING WITH THEIR COMMUNITY. 

A dev who RESPECTS their community in stead of only grabbing their cash, release a broken POS year in year out, and doesn’t care a single bit

Message 14 of 78 (595 Views)

@JasVerstoppen038 Sorry my caps was stuck 🤌🏼
Message 15 of 78 (594 Views)

★ Apprentice

F1 23 Wishlist 

Update the tracks old and new.

Bring back Red Flags 

Pitlane start option

Official timing

Bring back lap of each track with the voice over from Ant Davidson 

Message 16 of 78 (569 Views)

Practice starts at end of pitane

Message 17 of 78 (557 Views)

★ Novice

No negative comments from me today as the purchase is only 6 days old and already so intricate. But I am hoping for immersion beyond the technical aspects of Formula One racing. We have three slots for holding our own created characters. I'd like to see one of them dedicated to holding a main character with the other two as possible recruits to the team. Perhaps these could be offered to other players as well? Several seasons of F2 racing should be sufficient to develop new recruits.

Message 18 of 78 (548 Views)

★★ Guide

1. I'd like to see the classic cars returning. It would be cool if we could get every championship winning car from 1950 to present.

2. I'd also like to see old tracks returning eg. Watkins Glen, Mangy Cours, Adelaide, the Green Hell etc. It could be done ingame or via DLC packs or a new standalone game.

3.I would like to see the wheel and pad equalised, the wheel has too much of an advantage. 

4. A Hall of Fame book citing all records. 

5. Louder engine effects, for some reason the game seems like its on low volume (maybe my hearing is poor). 

Message 19 of 78 (523 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I personally would like to see a rehash of the practise test sessions. It's seems odd you can shorten the race but have to do full fp sessions. Be nice to have these dialled down in length in comparison, so you don't spend majority of one f1 session doing fp tests.  I do quick simulate anyway and thank god its there. Just wish there was another less repetitive way of doing these. 

Message 20 of 78 (518 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help