F1 23 PSVR 2

by MagalhaVoa

Original Post

Re: F1 23 PSVR 2

★★★ Novice

I played GT7 on PSVR2 this weekend and wow, its my first time playing VR so its been life changing(in a gaming sense)
Really hope f1 23 or 24 down the road support it.

Message 11 of 226 (2,848 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Same here. 

I never touched VR in my life, but ordered PSVR2. And GT7 in VR - it's absolutely mindblowing experience! 

Too bad I can't start GT7 from "scrach". Till now, of course, I never even thinked about that I need to race all those "beginner" races and Licences etc... But with PSVR2 - it's like totally different game! 

So I decided to start from beginning and only way to do it is to make another PSN account. Thats not of course PSVR2 problem, just wierd GT7 politics...

I really hope, that PSVR2 will be so popular, that for example Codemaster just need to add VR support for F1 and WRC etc.

Message 12 of 226 (2,734 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

To be honest - I really don't know - does PSVR2 "ruined me" or "fixed me". Standard smile

I got every F1 game from 2008 I guess ... older ones on PS3, some of them on PS4, latest release on PS5. Same with WRC series, Assetto Corsa series, Project CARS series, Dirt Rally series and some more... AND. Right now I'm thinking, that I will never buy any racing game again without VR! 

Of course, sometimes I play all these titles on my regular TV, but GT7 VR2 experience is soooo different, that I just play all these titles with "old school method" and skip all new games, that will launch without VR2 support!

So - I really don't know - am I FIXED now or RUINED. Standard smile))

Message 13 of 226 (2,724 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

One more thing. Maybe helps somebody.

Before buying I was pretty sure, that VR2 will be fun to race, but I also was afraid, that my lap times will be way SLOWER... Just thought, that thanks to less quality picture , "extra" equipment on head etc. etc etc. I can't be as quick as on good quality regular big TVscreen. Now, after few days of driving on GT7, I'm pretty sure, that I can be way FASTER!!! 

Well, not tested lap times on VR and on TV jet (I guess that same car, same track, same conditions will give quite accurate answer), but as I started GT7 from scratch, it looks like every licence, every mission and every "Circuit Experience" time are much quicker and much less "painful" Standard smile

Of course, maybe it's just because my driving is improved so much... But at this point I feel, that corners feels in VR much more "natural" or "logical" or "intuitive"! Standard smile And also accelerating and breaking points feel much more precise for me at least in Gran Tursimo 7!

So - if in doubt, I guess it's worth to try VR2!

(and sry for my bad english - not my nature language).

Message 14 of 226 (2,541 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@Toy4584 As GT7 doesn’t let you adjust the field off view when using a Screen. It makes sense you can go faster in VR as its the correct field off view.

I’m sure you already understand the importance correct field of view in racing games. If by chance your not… There are thousands off good YouTube videos that explain it
Message 15 of 226 (2,532 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Totally agree!

FOV is one of most important things in racing sims... And for me in GT7 - it's absolutely perfect! Even if in some cars it feels somehow not perfect, there is always possible to "finetune" position in car! Just great!

Message 16 of 226 (2,530 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I second this.

F1 is hands down my favorite game of the past decade, but since I got my PSVR2 headset I haven't opened it. I've been playing exclusively GT7 (and that kayaking simulator) and don't have any interest in going back to non-VR racing meaning I will not be playing or purchasing F1 again until VR is supported on the PS5 console because there is no longer any compelling reason from a gameplay experience standpoint.

At this point I've got quite a few fast cars and most of the tracks unlocked in GT7 and the VR experience is incredible. Without VR on the PS5, the F1 series offers nothing compelling for me moving forward. WITH VR however, it'd be a can't miss game.

Message 17 of 226 (2,342 Views)

★★ Guide

Same here. GT7 with VR2. Not willing to change that experience. F1 with VR2 is a nobrainer, without I will play GT7. 

Message 18 of 226 (2,052 Views)

★ Guide

Same here, if f1 23 doesn’t support psvr2 i will skip it and keep going on GT7, can’t go back to flat after gt7

Message 19 of 226 (2,031 Views)

★ Apprentice

Simple, I will only buy the F1 23 this year if They support psvr2, GT7  is a gamechanger in VR2 Plus wheel, I hope They do the right call

Message 20 of 226 (1,822 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help