F1 23 Hands-on impressions

by mariohomoh

Original Post

F1 23 Hands-on impressions

Champion (Retired)

So as per the F1 23 release timeline, we're right on the Creators/Media Hands-On Content step. We all have our favorite content creators, with different preferences, backgrounds and certainly different takes on this franchise. I'll share two I've seen and find value in:

Traxion is right there in the top echelon of simracing media outlets to me. They cover all sort or franchises with the inevitable focus on ACC and iRacing, but even arcade franchises have a spot on their channel. John Munro gives the most thorough preview I've seen so far, commenting on specifics changes for handling and FFB of F1 23. There's even a whole chapter on his experience with a controller.

The video has chapters and is well made. No aimless rambling, over enthusiastic shouting or anything of the like. It's proper and respects our time 💞

Boosted Media. He's a simracer through and through, best hardware reviews in the business. And he gives it straight. The preview is light on content and he has not been the most avid F1 player for a long time now, but he does share his impressions of the new FFB and even the AI. It was the first one I looked for as I have drifted more towards ACC and iRacing as of late.

All that said, please bear in mind these are previews with limited scope. I do not advise pulling the trigger this soon in the release window. Please, wait for actual, unrestricted reviews, made on the final build of the game and covering the game modes that make up the bulk of our experience with these yearly franchises – Career, My Team, and Online Multiplayer.

Message 1 of 20 (658 Views)

Re: F1 23 Hands-on impressions

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Watching Jarnos first impression. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-rVaJecBVWA&t=625s

Marcel Kiefer

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mHd-wZn0RqA

Awesome Webby87 got early access…  About only one that uses controller 

Message 2 of 20 (642 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@ScarDuck14 Opmeer's video is more in-depth.
Message 3 of 20 (594 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@mariohomoh Only ones ive seen so far are Aarava and Marcel
Message 4 of 20 (584 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@Cpayne32 Aarava is a hard pass for me. Not my taste, not my style. I'll happily check a topic or clip if someone points its relevance to me, but I'm thoroughly out of his bubble.

I'm curious about what Opmeer and Marcel have to say, but I'll wait for their tweeting it out instead of watching 10min+ gameplay videos from them 🫢
Message 5 of 20 (576 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@Cpayne32 Aarava not for me… don’t believe a word he has to say.
Message 6 of 20 (568 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@ScarDuck14 Aarava aka fastest mouth of the f1 community 🤪
Message 7 of 20 (562 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@ScarDuck14 Yeah i know what you mean
Message 8 of 20 (555 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@Cpayne32 Although he does know MyTeam almost as well as me 😁
Message 9 of 20 (542 Views)

★★★ Pro

I saw Jarno, interesting and amazing drive as always, but beyond this, some points seem to emerge,some positive, some not (sure) imho:

+ different temps windows among compounds (interesting, need a file .erp asap Party hat);

+ race start bit more forgiving 

+ more traction in general, more rotation in entry

- too much powerful ERS effect? I aw in a multiple overtake in the Hangar Straight, many AI had DRS as well, one was Verstappen. This may be affected by many other things (even driver ability maybe)) but something doesn't look ok: AI with too high downforce setup (?), bad use of ERS (probably, we need an improvment here, they also must use ERS to attack/defende), where is the proverbial straight speed of the RB with DRS open? Etc.

? tyres easy to warm up, different from F1 22, not sure it's better, maybe yes hearing Jarno say that the least performance was felt with cold tyres anyway (and they were S)

? still to understand the behaviour of kerbs

Time to watch Marcel as well... Standard smile

Message 10 of 20 (443 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help