F1 23 | Braking Point 2 & F1 World Official Deep Dive

by mariohomoh

Original Post

Re: F1 23 | Braking Point 2 & F1 World Official Deep Dive

Champion

@Neomo wrote:

Damn what a trash. So we can expect zero driver career improvements bcs of fancy shiny cutscenes.

There are BIG functional changes through the F1 World elements but my guess is that you'll be right right that driver career will basically be identical to this year.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 11 of 20 (726 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@Ultrasonic_77 I find this utterly disappointing. If I'm honest, I'm still trying to decipher it and how it all impacts on the single player experience. The fact that we have yet to hear anything considerable about My Team (what is the career mode?) is particularly jarring
Message 12 of 20 (692 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@TotosHeadphones and @Ultrasonic_77 considering this:

20230523_095406.jpg

I guess this is it 🥲

Unless the upcoming preview window has people showing meaningful changes to career and My Team. If those topics are under a no-no NDA deal, then I'll be equally disappointed.

Damn this May month! We already lost Imola, and now this.

Yesteryear we had 3 deep dives I think? Handling, Audio, and VR + new features. I had forgotten about the schedule above and was legit expecting a third one about new "small" features, like improvements to team management and R&D on those career modes.

Message 13 of 20 (671 Views)

Champion

@TotosHeadphones wrote:
@Ultrasonic_77I find this utterly disappointing. If I'm honest, I'm still trying to decipher it and how it all impacts on the single player experience. The fact that we have yet to hear anything considerable about My Team (what is the career mode?) is particularly jarring

Going by past years my reading would be to expect no changes to the career modes from this year. On that aspect right now I'm hoping that 2-player career will still be in the game for those who want it but there's been no mention anywhere I've seen? This was raised in another thread so I've asked to see if we can get any clarification but I'm not certain this will come given how info. about new games tends to be restricted.

My enthusiasm stems from how frankly pathetic the online experience has been for new players in recent years. There finally seems to have been effort put into this area that I do think should help with the longevity of interest in the game, both within the year-long game-cycle and longer term. That doesn't mean I'm at all sure I'm going to like all of it from a personal perspective but looking at the bigger picture here. Also, talk of new online modes/mechanics doesn't tell us anything about online gameplay performance.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 14 of 20 (661 Views)

★★★ Pro

@TotosHeadphones wrote:
I'm still trying to decipher it 

+1 Standard smile

Message 15 of 20 (596 Views)

★ Novice

Hope they fix the tires 🛞 

Message 16 of 20 (425 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

I completed BP2 yesterday and I must admit, I was pleasantly surprised Wink

It wasn't dull as BP1 and I quite liked Netflix-ish cinematics.

Message 17 of 20 (287 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@P4st3l1ak I watched Tom97 full game video. Not all of it skipped to the cutscenes. The story doesn’t grab me. I loved FIFA journey because the guy was really well written and likeable and for the vast majority of the time you played as him. Can’t remember his name🤷🏻‍♂️😂

BP only person I liked was Devon and you only get to be him once ?
Message 18 of 20 (281 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@ScarDuck14 I don't play FIFA, not much a football fan. So I can't compare.
I am not saying it surprised me and I could see through the veil of hidden politics and manipulations but I enjoyed it anyway Wink And it was better than BP1.
Well, I enjoyed Devon in earlier versions as well although I don't like these cocky characters IRL.
And I liked the twist that he was named after a county in UK while his sister after state in US Wink
Message 19 of 20 (274 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Well, I tried F1 World.

F1 car races are ok-ish but I may find tweaking wing, engine and personnel boring after a while.

EA/Codies said there won't be buy-to-win option but I foresee micro-transactions available to purchase resources to improve tech level.

I also tested Supercar task and that was an awful experience Frown  (time attack on COTA track with Merc)

Please, Codies, bring back classic F1 cars instead.

Message 20 of 20 (253 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help