Re: F1 22 UDP Specification

by milo3099

Original Post

★ Apprentice

Interesting. I'm not the best at maths, but that, on first reading sounds like it'd work for Indy Car oval where speed doesn't have much variation.
If the car behind is on a straight, at 200 mph, and they have a slow chicane in between, surely that time would be off.

But of course it probably works better if the car ahead has a spin etc.

What we are each building probably doesn't need to be exact, so whatever works for you. Each variation has negatives.

Message 251 of 380 (1,767 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@lucviery Hi. I can not

Neither I can't understand why is necessary to count the number of the total warnings, but EA/Codemasters decided to stand by this decision.

Hopefully, they will add track limits warnings count also, and Simhub users could again use this relevant value.
Message 252 of 380 (1,720 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Maybe a dumb/rookie question. 
But can/does telemetry settings have any impact on gameplay performance in online racing? 
basically wondering if telemetry settings can help or hurt how smooth online gameplay runs.

For example, would udp send rate 60 Hz risk a loss off performance by demanding more of the bandwidth with more frequent updates. Or would it be the other way round, 20 Hz would demand more because of more info being bunched up in less frequent updates. 

Also, does UDP telemetry on/off have any relationship to how FFB is comunicated/sent to my wheelbase? (fanatec csl elite + lc setup) 

If I don’t use any external telemetry app or don’t need data sent to any other machine, would telemetry on/off make any difference in online gameplay stability? Kinda wondered if it can impact how I recieve info from opponents on screen and/or how info on my position is sent? 

And does broadcast mode On mean a heavier workload for my router recieving and sending packets vs. Off sending it all through an open port? 

I suspect I might be making a problem out of things completly unrelated or simply missunderstood. But as I was trying learn how telemetry settings work and what they do, my logic got knocked out, for everytime I thought I understood something, the next thing always seemed to contradict and make me doubt what I previously thought was understood.

Tldr: If I don’t need to send telemtry data to any external app or machine, is there any telemtry settings that can improve online performance/smoothness?

Message 253 of 380 (1,486 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Hi. I have a silly question (sorry for that).

TL;DR: Would it be possible to generate some telemetry feed for AI drivers even when I speed up time?

It is usually generated when you leave the game on normal time speed and you can see it in telemetry tools. However, when time speed changes, all telemetry stops, regardless of game still generates some updates for timetable. It'd be nice to have some of this generated data present in telemetry as well.

Message 254 of 380 (1,429 Views)

★ Novice

Is there a reason that the in-game alignment of the Abu Dhabi track is almost 90 degrees rotated from the real-life alignment? All the other tracks seem to be in the same alignment as their real-life counterpart except for this one.

Message 255 of 380 (1,193 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi! I'm working on an APP similar to "F1 Evaluation Race Data Recorder".

Yesterday I tested online, in my PC, and I got "Player" in my own participant name! And, of course, in my game I checked "Show Player Names"!

Some players I got the right driver name...others come with "Player"...any ideas?

Message 256 of 380 (1,120 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@MauricioAlcantar Ah..Crossplay active
Message 257 of 380 (1,104 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

Noticed that the UDP output on xBox is now version 17.

Any updates to the word document for v17?

Thanks in advance!

Message 258 of 380 (550 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I'm using packet 7 (Car Status) and the field m_tractionControl to read the properties of traction control during multiplayer races. When other players set TC to medium the field m_tractionControl has value of 0 (off) rather than 1 as per documentation. Is this a bug?

Message 259 of 380 (419 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Can someone please explain to me what is a UDP ACTION

Message 260 of 380 (380 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help