F1® 22 - Patch 1.17 Discussion Thread

by jenny_a_m

Original Post

Re: F1® 22 - Patch 1.17 Discussion Thread

[ Edited ]
Champion

@mattybo70 wrote:

This patch has made my season unplayable.

Ive never locked up in this game. I’ve always had the traction control on and anti lock brakes on and have never locked up.

However, after downloading 1.17 i had to retire from two straight races because i would lock up and fly off AT THE SAME CORNER for two different races in two different tracks. its like really ptsd because everytime i approach the corner i slow down waaaay more than needed. Its to the point where i cant finish a race and actually win points.

Theres been a lot of discussion about the flaws in this game and i am very new to sim racing and i assumed the F1 game to be the the top tier game until i started listening to the actual sim racing community *hint hint*. I have high hopes for EA and codemasters to regain the trust from the community but this patch is creeping me away from F122 racing like the rest of the community and if F123 doesn’t do it justice i will not be using the F1 games in my sim racing future unfortunately.

Have you checked that ABS is still selected? Maybe the game update or something else changed this without you realising.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 61 of 99 (695 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes i have checked this. It is still turned on. I am playing the game right now and i lock up everytime at Monza at the last turn

Message 62 of 99 (683 Views)

Champion

@mattybo70 wrote:

Yes i have checked this. It is still turned on. I am playing the game right now and i lock up everytime at Monza at the last turn

Round Curva Alboreto (formerly Parabolica)? That's not a heavy braking zone at all? 

Message 63 of 99 (679 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes around Parabolica.

I also lock up at the first chicane at monza. I ended up having to retire from the race and started Quali’s at Lap of America and guess what happened there too. Lock ups! and they’re not at the heavy breaking zones either. I ended up Qualifying 10th with the fastest car on the grid

I have to attest it to this recent patch because ive never locked up before and i didn’t change any settings (ABS, traction, Ai Skill).

I mean George Russells minor livery change was not worth this game being unplayable

Message 64 of 99 (658 Views)

Champion

@mattybo70 wrote:

Yes around Parabolica.

I also lock up at the first chicane at monza. I ended up having to retire from the race and started Quali’s at Lap of America and guess what happened there too. Lock ups! and they’re not at the heavy breaking zones either. I ended up Qualifying 10th with the fastest car on the grid

I have to attest it to this recent patch because ive never locked up before and i didn’t change any settings (ABS, traction, Ai Skill).

I mean George Russells minor livery change was not worth this game being unplayable

Have you maybe applied a career mode car 'upgrade' that is causing problems? Do you get the same problem in Time Trial with the stock cars?

Message 65 of 99 (656 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’ve been playing f122 since i purchased it back in september. I’ve upgraded cars from back pace to 100% maxxed out(multiple times).

Lol ive never locked up before. Ive never hit the brakes and just went straight off track. Its never happened. not with a myteam career car or with a F1 team car nor has it happened with the supercar.

I literally updated to patch 1.17 and started the race and flew straight off the track in monza and Texas

Message 66 of 99 (633 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@mattybo70 check brake bias
Message 67 of 99 (600 Views)

Champion (Retired)

On Occasion a new patch has been known to reset game settings. May be worth going through them before going out on track and then check again whilst you’re on track.  

Message 68 of 99 (584 Views)

★★★ Pro

@ScarDuck14 wrote:

@BadMayh3mWhere..? I know you said once your not sure how to post videos. Just have to copy link in address bar and then paste.

is this it?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8aCQ7TCmkRc

Nope

https://youtu.be/0rZj0OovJFk

I was wrong about PC controllers but this might help someone on Logitech equipment.

Message 69 of 99 (559 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@BadMayh3m Well no wonder I couldn’t find it😜
Message 70 of 99 (553 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help