F1® 22 - Patch 1.17 Discussion Thread

by jenny_a_m

Original Post

Re: F1® 22 - Patch 1.17 Discussion Thread

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hey all,

We have an update on the helmets and suits from Podium Pass Series 5, which you can find here.

Message 51 of 99 (707 Views)

★★ Novice

Yo, I just finished a full length race in career mode in 8th and because two back runners were just ahead of me, the game registered it that I finished behind them, so went from 8th, to 20th. 

This has never happened to me before, so I can only assume this is either a fault with Abu Dhabi, or another case of an update breaking the game...

Message 52 of 99 (662 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@FreakstyleScroll down that page and you will see why they have removed investigating Audio glitch

or check photo

Message 53 of 99 (656 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Baffling thing about that is that i've been having these audio stutters since before release in the beta for two years in a row. In 21 they fixed it, but ruined the rest with input lag instead. This time around on 22 they never bothered fixing it. I'm not even able to use Bluetooth devices on my console other than for headsets, which i don't have as all my headsets have been wired and yet i still have this problem 😩

Message 54 of 99 (588 Views)

★★★ Pro
@ScarDuck14 I just saw a vid on how to fix the controller PC issue but buying a new controller would be alot less complicated.
Message 55 of 99 (552 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@BadMayh3mWhere..? I know you said once your not sure how to post videos. Just have to copy link in address bar and then paste.

is this it?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8aCQ7TCmkRc

Message 56 of 99 (544 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@jenny_a_m So let me get this straight; you guys screw up (thats the whole game tbh, but lets stay on topic) by giving paid content (i hate the game industry) out early, but than take it away and give people your ingame currency so they can buy ONE item?

Does that make sense? is that even fair?
It's like you giving someone a present for their birthday a week before their birthday, breaking into their house to take it back and then give them like 30% of the price of the present on their bday..

[Edit - Admin.]

Message 57 of 99 (499 Views)

Community Manager

@Horseponyhybrid 

Your post has been edited.

Criticism is okay but you need to post in a constructive manner.

barry.png
Message 58 of 99 (479 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Barry Could you pm the removed part so i can explain why it was said.

I mean, i dont say stuff here because i want to hate the game, after years of playing it and seeing it going downhill, i feel i have to speak out about it, its getting worse and worse, suggestions dont get taken serious or ignored all together.

It's a big shame, i love F1 itself, i've loved the game till i think 2019, but playing the same game for years with a graphic update, maybe a new mode (which gets taken out the next year) and still the same annoying bugs, gets old...

You shouldnt forget that (hopefully) all the people complaining about things bought the game, they paid money for a product, and want the product to be decent.
I'm not asking for a perfect simulation or for microtransactions to be taken out, that would be nice, but nah not my point.
My point is that "basic" things are still a buggy mess, online play is almost impossible, it's not fun to have to have to wait for like 20 minutes be able to join a normal lobby for it get bugged, safetycar in online has been broken for years aswell, except the time they completly took out the SC ( DONT DO THAT AGAIN THO)

There is more, im done because i wanted to make a short reply.
So would be nice to know what i said was "wrong" so can explain, maybe in pm aswell if thats what you want
Message 59 of 99 (456 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This patch has made my season unplayable.

Ive never locked up in this game. I’ve always had the traction control on and anti lock brakes on and have never locked up.

However, after downloading 1.17 i had to retire from two straight races because i would lock up and fly off AT THE SAME CORNER for two different races in two different tracks. its like really ptsd because everytime i approach the corner i slow down waaaay more than needed. Its to the point where i cant finish a race and actually win points.

Theres been a lot of discussion about the flaws in this game and i am very new to sim racing and i assumed the F1 game to be the the top tier game until i started listening to the actual sim racing community *hint hint*. I have high hopes for EA and codemasters to regain the trust from the community but this patch is creeping me away from F122 racing like the rest of the community and if F123 doesn’t do it justice i will not be using the F1 games in my sim racing future unfortunately.

Message 60 of 99 (425 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help