F1® 22 - Patch 1.17 Discussion Thread

by jenny_a_m

Original Post

F1® 22 - Patch 1.17 Discussion Thread

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hey drivers,

Patch 1.17 is now rolling out across all platforms. You can find out what's in this patch in this thread here

Need some help? Something in patch 1.17 not working the way it should? Tell us in this thread

Message 1 of 99 (3,064 Views)

Re: F1® 22 - Patch 1.17 Discussion Thread

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Thank you for this bEauTiFuL update. Finally i can, oh .... nothing changed. maybe you should try to fix this? waiting for several years.

[Image removed due to name - Admin.]

Message 2 of 99 (2,994 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@jenny_a_m Hi, many major leagues are running with formation lap disabled, because of random cold tyre temperature error.

Is this going to be addressed anytime soon? Is there a timetable for this?

Thank you.
Message 3 of 99 (2,851 Views)

★★★ Guide

I just recently played a bit, and honestly, I'm disappointed.

This update consists of nothing but hot fixes, and nothing major that everyone addresses over and over and over and over is being taken care of.

One important thing is the Checkpoint Challenges of the Pirelli Hotlaps. Since in this game, the Pirelli Hotlaps replace the Invitational Events from F1 2020 and prior, they are a vital part of the game that absolutely must work. And unfortunately, the Checkpoint Challenges are still impossible to beat on any difficulty higher than Normal. And since you play them on Challenging difficulty in Career Mode, it means you'll never ever get the Gold medal and the all important 1000 driver acclaim, and that's not fair considering that before patch 1.15, everything worked perfectly and skilled players were able to do it on Hard difficulty, and since said patch, the Checkpoint Challenges aren't possible. If they still are, I would like to have a video of someone beating the Checkpoint Challenge in France, on Hard difficulty, post-patch 1.15.

On an upside though, George Russell's Mercedes looks way better now with the blue 63 and the blue winglets. It looks awesome. And also, I don't know if this just affects skipping Qualifying in GP Mode, but either Verstappen has been weakened or Mercedes and Ferrari gained a performance buff, which is unlikely since I just tested out a race and the Mercedes was nowhere close to the pace of the Ferraris.

You really should listen to the community more instead of just chasing your own expectations. We don't mind additional content like F1 Life, as long as EVERYTHING gameplay-related is working properly, and unfortunately, it doesn't. I'm sorry, but this is probably the most disappointing update that F1 22 received.

- Nico

PS: Since someone mentioned this in a different post, no, I don't have a YouTube channel, and there's still no way to send in video proof that the Checkpoint Challenges aren't possible.

Message 4 of 99 (2,834 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@LuckyNico92 I very much doubt any significant portion of the community cares about the Pirelli Hotlaps, or would vote for the remaining, limited support resources for F1 22 be allocated on that type of content over the various issues still affecting proper F1 gameplay - solo and multiplayer.
Message 5 of 99 (2,750 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Am shocked they have fixed engine wear in quick practice.   Thought zero wear was here to stay.   If a certain member sees this I’m gunna have to eat mucho humble pie😂

Message 6 of 99 (2,722 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@LuckyNico92 wrote:

"We don't mind additional content like F1 Life"

With respect, there's a fair few of us who do mind F1 Life and wish it had never even been envisioned, let alone signed off to be created. My own personal opinion is that it's the most shallow and cynical attempt at a moneygrab I've ever witnessed in any video game I've played, let alone an F1 game, and it provides absolutely zero value to a racing game. Zero.

It's there to make the target user (presumably a teen, as they're most affected by this type of insecurity) feel they have to either grind or put money into the game to keep up with their mates, and in turn their mates will do the same, and it's just a spiral chain of cash based upon not owning the right pretend hat for a collection of pixels that mean nothing when it comes to actually racing. The fact that there's an option to "visit" a friends F1 Life space, it's not there for social reasons, it's there for the host to think "I better make this look good so they don't take the mick out of me".

If I could physically take hold of it and chuck it into a burning pit of fire, I happily would. It's the embodiment of everything that's wrong with modern gaming (along with DLC and games split into parts and seasons)
Message 7 of 99 (2,693 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@jenny_a_m
PC/Origin

Time Trial not loading - game hangs indefinitely upon loading during network connection to EA servers - not fixed

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Bug-Reports/F1-Time-Trials-not-loading/m-p/12154982#M1287...

Non-existing buttons 7 and 8 on Fanatec McLaren GT3 V2 wheel hardcoded in many places without an option to rebind - not fixed.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Bug-Reports/Fanatec-McLaren-GT3-V2-buttons-7-amp-8-hardco...

Sending and receiving rewards for weekly online events - probably not fixed, we will see next week.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Bug-Reports/weekly-event-results-disappeared-completely-h...

Nice patch... Yep... Very useful... /s

Message 8 of 99 (2,607 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Since this patch came out, I appear to have lost a couple of helmets that I've had unlocked, one of which I had equipped. I was mid race weekend when the patch released, and between sessions the helmet I was using changed, and when I finished the race and went to equip the helmet I had been using, it just doesn't exist any more. 

Message 9 of 99 (2,593 Views)

★★★ Guide
@MrPaulHellion Ouch. That's awful.
Message 10 of 99 (2,542 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help