Re: F1 2022 Current Handling Model

by Meza994

Original Post

Accepted Solution

F1 2022 what did we learn/Handling VS Real Life (clips updated)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice
I know it is still a work in progress, but what can we take from the gameplay we have seen? Well, From what i have seen so far from the invited content creator's the game looks amazing in the wet, probably the best yet. The other features regarding the immersion of manual ish pitstops is cool and so is the same feature regarding manual grid spot alignment and broadcasted formation laps. The tweak to the aero on setups is also very interesting with it now being 0-50 instead of 1-11 like we have been used to. However the bit that worries me the most is the overall rear end grip (traction) in the dry, the cars look very snappy and thus it seems managing the throttle is key, which is good and and bad for seperate reasons. The good side is it will or should encourage people to be smoother on their throttle application. The big downside i see to this though is that it does welcome the f1 games annoying nemesis of spammed short shifts to gain chunks of time like they have tried to eliminate from happening since 2019 with less than success. I personally hope the game isn't another short shift from 1st to 3rd or 4th game to gain huge chunks of time.... People who have smooth throttle application should be rewarded not hampered by stampy/over eager people who need to spam short shifts all the time due to not being smooth on their throttle input or rushing said input. In my opinion it'd be wrong to allow spammed short shifts in this upcoming title, especially when compared to real life where they rarely short shift even in this new era with the 18 inch tyres, for proof of this please click on/see the clips below. 

If you will please take a look at the clip/clips below for proof of slow corner throttle application. In Melbourne towards the last 4 corners of the lap, you'll see that even though the tyres have taken a beating throughout a lap, rear grip is looking much higher than shown in the current state of play in the game. Hopefully this helps move the title in a more accurate direction thank you. 

You'll also see from the comparison below that in jeddahs slower corners there is no need to short shift

Probably the best examples of real life miami in turn one and the super slow section shown in 2nd gear in sector 2/3 without short shifts 🙂

Message 1 of 54 (2,505 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

★★★★★ Pro
@Freakstyle Yeah i have to agree on the lose rear end.. Its just a development Codemasters started last year, making it a bigger challenge or possibly their only solution to not ride every kerb..

Anyway the rear downforce/grip is too a bit too low, likely not way too low but still its unrealisticly low.. Possibly it will be changed though as its often said not to be final performances..

I just hope Codemasters has some sort of striving to be realistic and less just to please the people that are shouting now "i like how it is, dont change it" even though it could be nothing like reality..

View in thread

Message 2 of 54 (2,481 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

★★★★★ Pro
@Freakstyle Yeah i have to agree on the lose rear end.. Its just a development Codemasters started last year, making it a bigger challenge or possibly their only solution to not ride every kerb..

Anyway the rear downforce/grip is too a bit too low, likely not way too low but still its unrealisticly low.. Possibly it will be changed though as its often said not to be final performances..

I just hope Codemasters has some sort of striving to be realistic and less just to please the people that are shouting now "i like how it is, dont change it" even though it could be nothing like reality..
Message 2 of 54 (2,482 Views)

★ Guide

I’d like to know how you know it’s unrealistic??

unless you’ve had the privilege to drive one of these cars your not going to know how it feels. The only drivers that will be able to tell us if it’s realistic are they f1 drivers themselves of which I’m sure they have given their input in helping as at least 1 if not more are ambassadors to the game.

from what I see I like it as it’s more of a challenge and who knows if it’s realistic. It’s the same for everyone I just really hope they don’t change it to what we always have when people moan and then it becomes the same as before. 

Message 3 of 54 (2,467 Views)

★ Guide

@Dansmotorsport wrote:

I’d like to know how you know it’s unrealistic??

unless you’ve had the privilege to drive one of these cars your not going to know how it feels. The only drivers that will be able to tell us if it’s realistic are they f1 drivers themselves of which I’m sure they have given their input in helping as at least 1 if not more are ambassadors to the game.

from what I see I like it as it’s more of a challenge and who knows if it’s realistic. It’s the same for everyone I just really hope they don’t change it to what we always have when people moan and then it becomes the same as before. 

Unless you know more than Lando Norris, who said f1 cars have a lot of traction and said medium traction control in f1 2021 is more realistic than no traction control, stay out of this

Message 4 of 54 (2,430 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

It's a known issue lasting years already, somehow it's really difficult for the devs to slow cars in slow speed corners by not making cars sliding while accelerating out of corner but rather make them lazy on corner entry and mid corner.

Message 5 of 54 (2,414 Views)

★ Guide

@SomaticCoast375 

am I talking about last years game? No

am I talking about this years game? Yes

as only a few people have driven this game calling the handling model unrealistic already (which is what someone did say) the only guys that can say if this is realistic or not are the drivers, that’s my point.

I totally get what lando says about last years game but untill they come out with what they say about this years game no one can say it’s unrealistic.

Message 6 of 54 (2,325 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@Dansmotorsport Actually yes. people can say its unrealistic at the latest when we got the first hotlaps irl in Miami.. Comparing telemetry is very indicative to it being realistic or not.. And from what it seems now its not having enough traction.. Not by a lot but traction seems to be a weekpoint of the cars ingame which is just not the case IRL..

In Bahrain Q2 VER was barely not on full throttle turning into Turn 2 at 136 kph while e.g. Lucas Blakely (esports driver) was only at about 85% at 140 kph on the long right hander and on the left after he has less steering angle than Verstappen in the Bahrain example, 170kph, 4th gear and still only 80-85% throttle.. This is somewhat comparable and the Esports drivers are usually faster than the real drivers due to it being virtual (less danger, more on edge).. So yes i can say it seems unrealistic with the rear grip at lower speeds, high speed seems a bit better though..

Real comparisons start with the first telemetry vids from real F1 in Miami..
Message 7 of 54 (2,304 Views)

Champion

The WTF1 video yesterday was really frustrating, as there was the opportunity to get Charles LeClerc's thoughts but it was wasted by silliness of one person steering and another accelerating and braking. Although possibly the sponsorship meant Charles couldn't really be honest I suppose.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 8 of 54 (2,300 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah I saw the frustration on the Charles face. They said for years this is not real traction but CM doesn't care & they can't solve it Party hat

Message 9 of 54 (2,292 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@CiZPiZ-ea Its actually not too hard to solve.. just tiny tweaks of certain loads😜 but why they dont come up with that idea or dont want to do it remains a unknown yet

Might be because the surface grip of kerbs is still a bit too high.. so instead of changing all the kerbs on every track ingame they just reduce general traction.. BUT thats just a wild guess and could be completely wrong!
Message 10 of 54 (2,282 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help