Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Extremely Disappointed! Tell Me Its Not Really Over

by suzaku4489

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Extremely Disappointed! Tell Me Its Not Really Over

★★★★ Novice

Man what a disappointment... I play the anthem demo and I bite hard.. I preorder it which I rarely do.. hell I even went ahead and bought the 75.00 dollar legion of dawn edition. It comes out and it’s even better I mean it’s one of the best games I’ve played. I’ve been in awe literally the entire time. Even the npc’s were great. Then a building story comes to a swift, immediate, short end. It was like reading a book that’s 600 hundred pages long and at page 175 they say to hell with it we’re just gonna tell you how it ends now. Really quickly. This giant big beautiful map and the story only includes a quarter of it. I beat the game at a level 18 using rare (blue) weapons. The game offers epic and legendary guns and you don’t even see them during the main story??? The credits roll after 21 missions with the end mission being the easiest of them all. I played casually for 3 days and this amazing game which I thought I had only scratched the surface on ENDED. There’s an in game store that only had the chance to update once before the game was over..  So what do I do now?? I’m supposed to be pumped up to continue to build my levels and weapons with no goal at the end of the tunnel?? Strongholds?? Hell you play them once and they don’t change it’s just the same thing over and over. Free play?? I need to run around collecting materials to build pointless weapons and armor for a fight that’s already over?? Please someone or EA give me reasons to continue playing this game I’m 75 deep in. 

Message 1 of 15 (274 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Apprentice

Sorry to say, you've joined the ranks of the disappointed. *Shrug*

This is it at the moment. I only got Origin Access (counting myself lucky I didn't preorder!), and was already put off before that week ended. I would say, just step away for a few months, see if they can sort this mess out. If they can, well, maybe sometime during the summer the game will actually be entertaining for more than 10 hours. If not...well...RIP Anthem... :\

View in thread

Message 4 of 15 (247 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Go read the road map and wait a few months. That's pretty much your only option now. That, or farm Tyrant Mine forever. Anthem at this point is dead in the water and I hate to say it. I too bought the Legion of Dawn Edition and I even bought Origin Access to play early on the 15th. What a mistake. Division 2 comes out next month and I feel like that will probably seal the deal and after that point Anthem will probably get the Andromeda treatment. Aka: No more updates.

Message 2 of 15 (268 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Ridrith wrote:

Go read the road map and wait a few months. That's pretty much your only option now. That, or farm Tyrant Mine forever. Anthem at this point is dead in the water and I hate to say it. I too bought the Legion of Dawn Edition and I even bought Origin Access to play early on the 15th. What a mistake. Division 2 comes out next month and I feel like that will probably seal the deal and after that point Anthem will probably get the Andromeda treatment. Aka: No more updates.

Don't think it could of been said better lol, the roadmap clearly state no major content changes will come until April, once April hits i will look into anthem again sadly after 65hrs it just isn't fun anymore.

Message 3 of 15 (255 Views)

★ Apprentice

Sorry to say, you've joined the ranks of the disappointed. *Shrug*

This is it at the moment. I only got Origin Access (counting myself lucky I didn't preorder!), and was already put off before that week ended. I would say, just step away for a few months, see if they can sort this mess out. If they can, well, maybe sometime during the summer the game will actually be entertaining for more than 10 hours. If not...well...RIP Anthem... :\

Message 4 of 15 (248 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

there's no new content until MAY, not april... and yeah i also agree, it's likely getting the Andromeda treament. this was a complete and utter failure on all fronts

Message 5 of 15 (243 Views)

★ Apprentice

@PhantexGaming wrote:

there's no new content until MAY, not april... and yeah i also agree, it's likely getting the Andromeda treament. this was a complete and utter failure on all fronts

Your wrong MAY is the Cataclysm event,

April brings in 1 new stronghold, leader boards, guilds, mastery system. At least if you wanna bash the game get your facts straight like mine are :D? All of that should of been in day 1 but who wants a full game at launch now adays :D!

Message 6 of 15 (229 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice
6 years in development and it still needs 3 more months to cook.
Message 7 of 15 (226 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the quick responses guys I’m glad I’m not alone. And thanks for the info on possible new content I’ll definitely look into it

Message 8 of 15 (223 Views)

★★ Apprentice

the grind is loot and they killed that on the 22nd with a quick patch and have gone dark ever since, best way to instill confidence is a game altering change and then go silent....   EA/bioware burns its players yet again    sad to see such potential be left to silence but they got us once again, the kings of screwing once again takes his thrown

yes I * because they are silent while we ask what they are doing....if they want feedback the forums/facebook/twitter/reviews are already in and it screams poor loot pool...."hmmm hey guys should we up the MW drop rate by 500%", "hmmm nah lets ride it out another week, maybe they will buy some shards"....

Message 9 of 15 (221 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Ri0tous wrote:

@PhantexGaming wrote:

Your wrong MAY is the Cataclysm event,

April brings in 1 new stronghold, leader boards, guilds, mastery system. At least if you wanna bash the game get your facts straight like mine are :D? All of that should of been in day 1 but who wants a full game at launch now adays :D!

We'll have to see. Shoving out a new stronghold when the game is as bugged and broken as it is does not seem wise. They need to fix some fundamental issues here. If they spend the next month (which is about all they've got) fixing the game, it doesn't seem likely that they will also be pushing out more content. And, if they DO push out more content, what does that mean for both game fixes and the new stronghold? A half-assed approach for both? Another broken release that STILL needs to be fixed? 

I am hoping they fix the game first. They could and should push the stronghold out a ways so they can figure out how strongholds should really work to keep them entertaining... 

I would actually be ok with the devs falling off the map for a few months, pile everyone onto the game, really, really, REALLY FIX it, then release some new content during the summer. Otherwise things are really just going to be strung along for a while...and it could take much longer for them to really make this game worth it (for those who want more than 10 hours of repetitive, shoddy-loot gameplay anyway). But...that's just me...

Message 10 of 15 (201 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help