Re: Extraordinary game.

by pastaclown

Original Post

Extraordinary game.

Well now, this evening I got an Octane on my random trio squad who did not stop running for the whole match. It was difficult to even get near him. I kept hearing, last one down, over and over again. His running was direct and deliberate each time. His aim was sure and precise. He did need a little hand every now and then with covering fire, but was exceptionally skilled at getting out of danger rapido.

Needless to say we won, I got a kill, number 2 got a kill and Octane got 21 kills with over 3,500 damage. 

That was amazinggggg Large smile

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 1 of 28 (413 Views)

Champion
@OldTreeCreeper 21 kills?!! Wth. Was he a streamer/ content creator? I bet your next matches are gonna be sucky now you've got those stats xD

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 28 (409 Views)

@GH0STEDbyME but but but I only got 1 kill..... Large smile

Please note:
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 3 of 28 (407 Views)

Champion
@OldTreeCreeper No no. SBMM will assume you're on the same lvl as your Octane and throw you into similar lobbys continously until you're contemplating life xD

Message 4 of 28 (402 Views)

[ Edited ]

@OldTreeCreeper Yeah I had something similar happen last night, got paried with 2 current Pred dive trails. I had a hard time keeping up with them.. I still managed to get 3 kills and break 600 damage. I think one of them broke 2000 damage, the other broke 1500 (I think). I was sitting there thinking dang it, let me prove that I'm worthy of teaming up with ya'll!! 

Me and one friends have had a few matches in which our squad broke 8k damage and we have 28-31 kills as a team. They can be fun but are really intense and high stress matches. 2 of us will be in the 2500 damage range with one us breaking 3k. Those matches are really really rare though, maybe 1 every season or two.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 28 (395 Views)

Champion
@DarthValtrex You all must have really good gaming chairs xD

Message 6 of 28 (391 Views)

@GH0STEDbyME LOL or we get lucky once every season or two. Those matches are so rare, we all have to be playing at our best. We have to end up in an area where everyone is trying to third party us and so many other things have to go right.

Message 7 of 28 (386 Views)

★★ Expert

@OldTreeCreeper Don't complain, it's a team game! You get PREDATOR LOBBIES NOW BABY!

Message 8 of 28 (382 Views)

@DarthValtrex there was no special badges or stats to indicate a predator was umong us, but I did capture his name so I'll have a look about and see.

@DarthValtrex surly sbmm can't be that obtuse, 1 kill and 800 or so damage can't put me into predator lobby's, can it? But but but I'll get eaten alive. The last time I ran into a predator I saw him coming and my squad was suddenly wiped Large smile he was a path and it was beautiful to watch him go on to win. 

Please note:
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 9 of 28 (371 Views)

[ Edited ]

@OldTreeCreeper Wait, was that 1 kill with nades or gun? If you were launching Nades it only counts as .5 of a kill.

No 1 kill and 800 damage won't bump you up into the top tier lobbies. It typically takes a streak of 3-4 games and you'll end up in a lobby with a master/pred trail and some diamond trails. If you have a streak in those lobbies breaking 1200-1500 damage than you'll get dumped into the lobbies that serve free humble pie. In which everyone shooting you is sus because no one is missing shots but you. If you play on a pre-made you're more likely to end up in the try hard lobbies. Trust me you'll know it if you end up in one. 

Lots of predators keep their dive trails off especially if they are playing with randoms. Lots of people try and punch them to death on drop. It's really obnoxious, a forum member has one and he turned is on. 

@GH0STEDbyME I don't mind it when my squad and I can make those third partiers question their life choices.. It's always entertaining when they try and third party, then decide it was mistake and try to run.. Probably not the best idea to be pushing a team that has 9 death boxes in front of them and the kill leader has 9+ kills.

Message 10 of 28 (368 Views)