Extensive Nightfall guide

by Koochi-Q

Original Post

Re: Extensive Nightfall guide

★★★ Expert

Uhmmm i'm not sure how to bring the news without raining on your parade here @Koochi-Q 

But... you could save yourself a loooot of time and effort cheesing with Pathfinder.

Here's the strat.

1: pick pathfinder 

2: wait in the dropship to see the first ring, if it's NOT the evacuation ship at the artilery, immediately leave the game que another.

3: if it is the evacuation ship at artilery, immediate fly there, and hide on the ledge behind the banners suspended above the the western tunnel exit that leads to cascades.

4: wait untill the evacuation ship arrives.

5: zipline onto the ship (you can zip directly to each of the 3 specific spots where the ship lands) 

Tadaaaaaaaaa! 

I'm sorry you had to find out this way @Koochi-Q Oops

Message 11 of 19 (561 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@WingmannedbroLolz who says I found out anything xD. I have my own spots, but I never gave them away. Spots ‘nobody’ knows about (cause I was alone every time when I went there). I just give pointers, not the actual win! :P a magician doesn’t tell his secrets and neither do I :P

But I never used that one, but have seen it tho

@AWOL_312 lolz that’s something you would do! Negative xp would be awesome. Instead of pro I would be a dark Pro or negative Pro xD

Message 12 of 19 (542 Views)

@Wingmannedbro Pathfinder is not the strongest or the easiest. There are a few places he can be strong but definitely not the strongest. The zip line can only do so much, toss in the fact that I was jumping up and knocking people off their zip lines last night.

Wraith is by far the strongest for this game mode. If you know when to use her abilities and when to make a run for the ship. I completed all 25 pick ups last night and I was getting on the ship 3-4 times in a row with ease.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 13 of 19 (510 Views)

★ Guide

@DarthValtrex wrote:
@WingmannedbroPathfinder is not the strongest or the easiest. There are a few places he can be strong but definitely not the strongest. The zip line can only do so much, toss in the fact that I was jumping up and knocking people off their zip lines last night.

Wraith is by far the strongest for this game mode. If you know when to use her abilities and when to make a run for the ship. I completed all 25 pick ups last night and I was getting on the ship 3-4 times in a row with ease.

Yes, wraith to me is the best legends for the 25 win quest. Albeit an annoying and boring challenge, it's quite easy to complete. I just went to a small shack/building no one drops at and hid. Best to do this on edge of circle. Most of the time I never fired a single bullet at anything to make it to the ship. Just get within 50m of the ship used her utility and bam was on ship. You just need to move from cover to cover. To many people feel the need to get in fights or get kills. It's actually best to not kill anyone that way your location remains hidden from everyone. Took me a total of 9 hrs. to complete this quest

Message 14 of 19 (493 Views)

★★★ Expert

So, here's a Shadow guide, to steal some (spot)light from the legends :P.

Best fun to have as a Shadow is at the beginning of the match, so look for a fast way to die. If you don't care about doing stuff as a legend, you can kill yourself very fast by dropping from the ship right into the water at the nearest edge of the map. This way, you come back as a shadow very quickly, being able to see where most of the other players are landing and even catch some of them right as they set foot in Kings Canyon. Then, the most hilarious part begins: some don't even know you're right behind them and keep looting like, some get really scared and run out in the open as if you wouldn't catch them, some duck in corners thinking that you won't see them, some surrender and start dropping loot or weapons in hope that you'll spare their life. This way, you can easily do about 3-4 legend kills before dying.

Next, chase legends fighting each other, to third party them. Jump on them as they reload or heal for an easy kill. If you get eliminated, go back to the same location, you'll probably get one of them eventually.

As more shadows join the match, look for where they land and try to group up with them. Tease encountered legends a little, some of them will try to shoot you and get noticed or flanked by other shadows.

Once the evac ship is coming, start checking buildings around the landing zone for campers. verify each roof, Pahtfinders often sit their waiting for the right moment to pop a zipline for the win. In some cases, it's even possible to land on top of the ship when it arrives and, from there, you can jump on any zipline and down incoming players.

Doing all of the above increase the chances of winning as a shadow and also becoming a champion, if you manage to get 5-6 kills. Also, since your shadow has the same shape as your chosen legend, it's possible that they use the same hitbox, so make sure you pick a smaller legend, its shadow may survive more bullets.

Message 15 of 19 (458 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@DoYaSeeMe Why you trying to hijack the thread! There is something seriously wrong with ppl who can’t Shadow xD. On average as a shadow I get 5 kills and I don’t even die or sepukku quickly. But I never got players drop their loot/weapons tho xD.
Message 16 of 19 (446 Views)

★★★ Expert
@Koochi-Q :P.
There is a big problem when people team up early and avoid fights. These kind need to be clawed early, before having the chance to group up near the LZ and build up a strong defense.
Message 17 of 19 (416 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@DoYaSeeMe So I did 5 rounds today (usually after work I play a lil shadowfall), in the last one at the 14 legends left a pathfinder and wattson were in the ‘first home’ at containment (towards bunker side) and kept killing all shadows cause those dumb **%^# kept going back and getting killed. They did it to the point that I thought they were in on it as well and that they just went as boosters for the 2 legends... eventually we killed them due to them having to run for the storm and a wraith that attacked them as well :P
Message 18 of 19 (411 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

Teamers roasted by Rag Tagg, maybe we should add teaming trickery to the guide to fight against the early teaming plague Standard smile

Video here, with the usual warning for people too sensitive to foul language to stay away (or grow up already, heh): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWWEMf1-4T8

Message 19 of 19 (394 Views)