Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Extend the demo??

by Midknyghte

Original Post

Extend the demo??

★★★★ Novice

I'm sure somebody might have posted but I haven't seen it yet..basically I enjoyed the demo I was lucky enough to play the demo ..but my opinion  since yall did have a few issues extending the demo to make up for time lost trying to log on would show alot on yalls end. Far as the demo I loved it ..looking forward for launch 

-viideli-

Message 1 of 10 (190 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ya really, an apology means nothing. Extend the beta and lets us try it ourselves. I sure as hell wont be paying money without a proper test.

Message 2 of 10 (177 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No extension for anyone they have our money.  They dont give a rat's * about the so called VIP access time.  Even though we still didnt have a working demo after two days.  Sucks to be us!

Message 3 of 10 (170 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I feel ya..I got lucky and didnt have any issues but I think they drop the ball they could have said hey were going to add 24 hours to the demo due to our * up

Message 4 of 10 (165 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I spent hours fighting the server, having to task master out, only to fight with it again. I was in the final fight with the big boss and when the squad was defeated, it locked up and I had to end program again. All leveling, achievements, and loot were lost. Not the way I would like a game to play. Extending the time and fixing these bugs would be nice. I would like to see if we could beat that big bug and make level 15. 

Message 5 of 10 (154 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I beat the big bug a few times but far as lvl 15 I didnt reach it but I have a few destiny clan mates that reached 15

Message 6 of 10 (144 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My assumption is that the demo could not be extended as they will need to take the system down to address some of the issues seen this weekend. Hopefully next weekends demo will have them all ironed out and perhaps that could be extended in some way. 

Message 7 of 10 (135 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@DaveonMako wrote:

My assumption is that the demo could not be extended as they will need to take the system down to address some of the issues seen this weekend. Hopefully next weekends demo will have them all ironed out and perhaps that could be extended in some way. 

Yeah I agree with this, i'd love for it to be extended and if the issues were fixed after day one then i'm sure they would.

Overall though most people still had the same major issues on the 3rd day so they will need to take it down to fix everything unfortunately.

They can't afford for the public demo to be a disaster otherwise sales expectations will go way down

Message 8 of 10 (130 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I think this is a great idea! Be great just to play some more, loved the game and its going to feel like ages before the game release. The demo did prompt me to pre-order because I had such a great time with it!

They probably don't want people to become disengaged by repetitive play but a couple of extra days after the weekend would be awesome.

Message 9 of 10 (111 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

Personally I would prefer to see them take the servers down and fix the issues they encountered with servers and the build, rather than go through a few more days of the exact same problems.

Let them fix the problems.

Message 10 of 10 (86 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help