Explosive weapons

by Rahz_VII

Original Post

Explosive weapons

★ Guide

When is an explosive weapon going to be added in apex also would you like there to be an explosive weapon? 

Thoughts 

Message 1 of 8 (371 Views)

Re: Explosive weapons

★★ Expert
@Rahz_VII I would enjoy something like this, maybe it tosses projectiles farther or in a straight line, Ex: Throws arc starts straight or other artillery.

A normal RPG style gun would be nice too.
Message 2 of 8 (360 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@Rahz_VIIi hope to god not, because there is gonna be even more people who gonna camp even harder and afraid to have a nose-to-nose fight and just shooting explosives (+ Charge Rifle of course!) from out of nowhere then knock everybody out that actually fighting for real in one shot without even have to aim.

Message 3 of 8 (359 Views)

★ Guide

Explosive can be in the game but it doesn’t have to be hella powerful 

probably like one shot direct to the body only breaks the shield nd you only get like 5 amo cap 

Message 4 of 8 (352 Views)

★★★ Expert

Let's not bust the meta any further please.

Message 5 of 8 (317 Views)

Champion

I'd be up for the idea of a legend that has a stronger throwing arm when it comes to grenades, but as for explosive weapons i'd say no. They'd have to shut down every apex forum for a month due to an overload of nerf demands melting the systems. >.>

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 6 of 8 (271 Views)

★★★★ Guide

They will probably go here eventually. There's not much left that can be done by adding regular guns. Every category of conventional firearms has already been covered.

It would be difficult to integrate them into the regular loot pool, but it's too good of an idea to go to waste because of a silly reason like only having one game mode. I would like to see more queues for different weapon categories.

Nearly everything gets complained about in games. One of thing I've never seen complaints about is an option to choose what type of weapons will appear in your match. Goldeneye style. Explosives only or melee weapons only are two options that would definitely feel different, while also being able to exist separately from the mode that needs the balancing treatment.

Message 7 of 8 (252 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

If you play Plants vs Zombie GW2, you know how powerful splash damage, you basically just keep shoot the floor near the enemy, no need skill or aim.

I don't think it's good direction for the meta where precision shoot value the most.

Message 8 of 8 (242 Views)