Explaining how the matchmaking works

by Cheese9Man

Original Post

Re: Explaining how the matchmaking works

★★★★★ Pro
@CCbathwater Personally, I'd rather play shorter matches if it meant playing with and against people more my speed.
Message 41 of 49 (416 Views)

★ Guide

I feel like mornings/mid-day is the worst time to play. My teammates are most of the time two gold players while I'm Plat II at the moment.

The enemy times are mostly 2-3 stack masters. 

Message 42 of 49 (386 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@Cheese9ManI work from home so I have the opportunity to play several hours of Apex Legends a day! Which is my favorite game! A couple of sessions ago I was D! Now I can’t even pass Platinum when I’m jumping into the game and glide down to the map I look back and I see tons or Master player and few Preds! MMR is serious broken! This needs repair ASAP😞! I see cheaters getting away with being in the top! The ones who really put in that work is us! I have money invested in this game and I like it! My kids play but y’all need to fix this issue 🙏! What can be done ✅! Do we need to contact owner of the game or what? What can be done besides filling our ears with words, we want action takin pls!

Message 43 of 49 (333 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

But Ranked is where it’s at my friendStandard smile 

Message 44 of 49 (323 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Cheese9Man EXPLAINING HOW THE MATCH MAKING WORKS IN 2023……it doesn’t!
Message 45 of 49 (282 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is awful, my friends and I have been playing every day for the past few weeks and almost every lobby has had us die to plat players or master players. Just tonight all 5 games have been nothing but master players.

If this is the outcome of "Fast MM" then forget that. I would rather have a 10 minute que with people at my skill level than have to get destroyed by a master player for several hours a day just to have fast ques. 

Its a sad excuse from a company that doesn't care about new players and only wants to continue to drain the money from the master and pred players that have nothing better to do then drain their parents money on this game.

It seems far easier to give actual skill based match making then to screw everyone except the master players. hell most of the videos of seen on youtube the master and pred players hate this feature too. So WTF is respawn just ignoreing player feedback?

Message 46 of 49 (231 Views)

★★ Expert

@griffin8825 wrote:

If this is the outcome of "Fast MM" then forget that. I would rather have a 10 minute que with people at my skill level than have to get destroyed by a master player for several hours a day just to have fast ques. 

Its a sad excuse from a company that doesn't care about new players and only wants to continue to drain the money from the master and pred players that have nothing better to do then drain their parents money on this game.

LOUDER for the people in the back!

Message 47 of 49 (206 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm new to both FPS games and Apex but the game will have a hard time keeping me interested for long. I love the environments, the design and the characters but it seems like a low return on investment. I managed to meet/friend a bunch of other newbies but after only playing for 4-5 months we find ourselves routinely up against 3-4K kill champion squads. You can guess how those matches go. Maybe there's nothing EA/Respawn can do to fix it? Who knows? All I know is me and my friends are losing interest fast. 

Message 48 of 49 (136 Views)

Champion
@ewg8n759ljtk 3000 to 4000 kills on a legend really isn't much on a character when the game has been out for 4 years.

Unfortunately MM punishes premade squads by putting them with other premade squads. I am curious about your kd and win rate?
Message 49 of 49 (116 Views)