Expansion Packs - Can I buy them in disc form?

by EricBernardDaisy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Expansion Packs - Can I buy them in disc form?

★★★★★ Newbie

If I buy an expansion pack for the sims 4, do I have to buy it off origin, or can I buy it in disc form and upload it that way?

Message 1 of 3 (6,558 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Expansion Packs - Can I buy them in disc form?

★★★★★ Apprentice
You can check online on sites such as Amazon.
I would personally say its easier and more convenient to purchase on Origin. But with the physical copy, you can still redeem the game code on Origin and unlock it for your account. From then you won't need to install via the disk, as it will show up as a digital version in your additional content tab.

Hope this helps

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (6,682 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice
You can check online on sites such as Amazon.
I would personally say its easier and more convenient to purchase on Origin. But with the physical copy, you can still redeem the game code on Origin and unlock it for your account. From then you won't need to install via the disk, as it will show up as a digital version in your additional content tab.

Hope this helps
Message 2 of 3 (6,683 Views)

@EricBernardDaisy  depends of the world region where you live. Only US still has physical editions for the expansions. And even those will be replaced by a "Code in the box" (meaning that you get an empty DVD/Blu-Ray case with a printed code that is redeemed in the Origin client and use the client to download it), once the existent stock is gone.

The rest of the regions, already have the "Code in the box" present in the retail stores, so there is no benefit in buying them from there, anymore. 

Stuff packs and Game packs were always in the "Code in the box" form.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 3 of 3 (6,505 Views)