Expanding on Sept. Blog

by EA_Elryn

Original Post

Re: Expanding on Sept. Blog

★★★★ Expert
@GLiTcHz2 Mine as well 🥺😢😭.
Maybe EA will change their minds if we speak up loud enough and tell them what amazing work Popcap is doing.
Message 71 of 129 (971 Views)

@benn1nat0r It's all we can do. Let them know we want this game to live on.
Message 72 of 129 (957 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@dwooten77 I made a petition to maybe have a chance of saving it http://chng.it/6VnLZQp96S
Message 73 of 129 (962 Views)

★★ Guide

EA will not change anything a game has revenue goals and BFN did make what they needed so it’s done being developed. They will keep servers alive for maybe another 12 months max then that’s the final nail. 

Message 74 of 129 (958 Views)

@OB1-The-Only-One So what, are we just meant to give up? hell no. I'll keep trying to save it until the servers shut down. Then i'll keep going.
Message 75 of 129 (954 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Check this thread that I made to sign the “save the game” petition: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/SAVE-THE-GAME/m-p/9462114#M26733

Message 76 of 129 (886 Views)

★★ Pro
@Mysterymaster_OP Never give up, this will be the great battle for neighborville.
Message 77 of 129 (879 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Elryn Will there ever be a new game? Or was bfn the last? I don't want the franchise to die, and I'd also like to know why it's having it's last update as well.
Message 78 of 129 (863 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I saw this pop up in my Reddit feed and thought it was a joke at first. I knew that BfN has had a rocky road and a lot of big fans of the GW games weren't happy with the game, but this still hits pretty hard. For all the game's issues, I still had fun with it and there are some really nice customizations in the game. This explains why the devs have been quiet for so long, those that feared the worst have been proven correct unfortunately.

So much cool stuff was datamined; Iceberg Lettuce, other characters in various stages of planning, Ops phase 3, and so on, all sounded exciting. And while I'm a natural pessimist, it's hard to not at least try to be hopeful when you really like an IP, and PvZ has been a favorite since I got the original game via Steam all those years ago. Like many here, GW2 is still my favorite PvZ shooter as BfN's myriad of issues kept it down, even as I do like so much it has to offer; including things like; the ability to save 3 builds/costumes per character, the excellent customizations, and I love the free roam zones (the first time through anyway), and something I greatly appreciate on PC-anti-cheat so we don't have gnome bosses in TT. But, we also have a broken economy, lack of  variety in summons, hit registration issues, lack of marketing, and so on.

A ton of effort has obviously been put into the game; the free roam zones, the new characters, the customizations, and some big changes (good and less so). I hate to see all this work lost and to see the game just wilt so early. As we said back in Founder's, the game was released too early and today it still suffers from key issues that frustrate players. Quite a few of the folks from the GW2 forums are barely around anymore, as they slowly post their frustrations and then stop posting. Even with the dev team obviously caring about the game and having some great ideas, the game has been suffering.

With Justin Wiebe moving on and now this, I'm worried about what the future holds for our favorite shooter series. I'd prefer to see BfN not die and get things fixed and balanced and see all the cool ideas that are already started and have been datamined and/or discussed in the game, but it looks like it will join  GW and GW2 in maintenance mode. It looks like we can still play it for the foreseeable future but these games are a lot more fun when new stuff is being added; characters (variants), customizations, and so on. Every free DLC we had for GW and GW2 made the games even more enjoyable to play, and I already loved them. 

If BfN is going to be left with no updates after this one, what plans are there for a new game? Will we get a GW3? BfN 2? Some other idea? Or is the series dead? I hope it's not the latter, that would be a crying shame.

Message 79 of 129 (825 Views)

★ Guide

Is there any chance of GW2 getting any balance changes given that it is in theory in the same state as BFN now?

Message 80 of 129 (752 Views)