Exodus Soaking Up All the Players

by Moab23

Original Post

Re: Exodus Soaking Up All the Players

Champion

@Moab23 

Let me get this straight you think they should quit introducing "legacy" maps because YOU don't want them?

You're against server browsers and rental servers due to the fact that some people will be running maps and modes that players actually want to play because YOU don't want to play them?

Sorry skippy but I am with @Psubond on this one, let people decide where, when and with who they want to play with.

And just for the record, I rarely play the Exodus playlist (I like 128 player Conquest) and I loathe Metrro/Locker but a good number of players do so I am all for having the Exodus playlist as well as an updated Metro/Locker added.

It just comes off sounding a little selfish to be so animatedly against them doing or adding stuff that a majority of players want?

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 51 of 122 (331 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Ironhead841 Majority of players, or just the ones that shout the loudest? I remember previous games undergoing severe changes because the 'majority' wanted something and yelled about it. 

If you go back and read, you'll see I said legacy content, bar weapons, should be restricted to Portal. That was Portal's purpose. 

I also didn't say I was against a server browser, so maybe cool your jets on that one, bub, and read again. I said combining hypothetical legacy maps such as Metro with server control would result in a million Metro servers, as we saw in previous titles, because players aren't there to actually play a Battlefield game as it should be, they want to play point farming servers, which is why teamwork across the series in years since it started trying to siphon off COD players became worse and worse. 

Maybe I think its selfish for a vocal bunch to always get what they want, while those who want something new and different get shafted? 

Message 52 of 122 (329 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Moab23 

I doubt VERY much that EA/Dice ae making these decisions arbitrarily without some sort of data indicating it's what a majority of their player base wants, not just a handful of the ones shouting the loudest.

Hell, if simply shouting loudly actually worked, we would have had a server browser with persistent servers, squad management, Clan/Platoon support etc. etc. well over a year ago.

Even the hotly debated class update, which I'm still not convinced is a good idea at this late stage of the game just to be clear, probably has a lot off data behind it.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 53 of 122 (322 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Ironhead841 Lol I gotta disagree with you that EA / Dice don’t make decisions arbitrarily lol, the whole game was made as an arbitrary decision. Nobody asked for the changes we got on 2042 🤣🤣 I agree with you and PSU about choices, sorry Moab you’re off base with this one, but I admire you sticking to your opinion regardless of the majority opinion. I don’t play exodus either but I don’t think I should force others to follow what I want.
Message 54 of 122 (311 Views)

★★ Expert
@Moab23 I started playing with BF4 and my preferred maps are Zavod, Flood Zone, Siege of Shanghai, Propaganda, Hainan Resortr, and the "indoor maps" Operation Locker and Operation Metro (BF4), they have characteristics that shout Battlefield for me. And I played them in Classic mode with friendly fire on and 400% vehicle spawn time.
So BF2042 has not one map that can compete with any of these.
I guess you are more the Dragon Pass, Silk Road, Golmund Railway kind of guy, and thats okay. If you strip those maps of cover and concealment assets, they compare to BF2042 maps. But those maps are vehicle centric maps, and if BF2042 wants to compete, it needs 2 to 3 times the vehicles on the map.
To me the Exodus maps represent Battlefield, and the BF2042 "vanilla maps" represent bad choices for Conquest.
Message 55 of 122 (281 Views)

★★ Expert

@Moab23 wrote:

Maybe I think its selfish for a vocal bunch to always get what they want, while those who want something new and different get shafted? 

I don't understand what your issue is. You still can play what you want.

Currently it is DICE who decides what modes are featured each week.

In my opinion they should always offer Conquest, Conquest Small plus one or two featured modes, like the Exodus or Infantry or Tactical variants.

Currently every other week the same people complain about the same issues when a) no 64 player conquest is available, or b) no 128 player conquest is available.

There may be players that play both, but also players that only play their preferred mode.

So you complain about Exodus Conquest lures players away from Conquest-128. But I believe that is a case of survivorship bias. It might also be the case that if players who Exodus Conquest would instead play BC2 of BF3 instead. So you still would have the issue that your Conquest-128 match doesn't start.

Don't expect other people to compromise, when you are not willing to compromise.
If you want to play Conquest-128, and that doesn't work with disabled crossplay, but is no issue when you enable crossplay, you could compromise and enable crossplay.

Message 56 of 122 (267 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Moab23 wrote:

@Psubond Yeah, make everything available. Still doesn't change the fact that YOU are choosing out of those options to play the mode with old, smaller maps, and would happily play more old, smaller maps that aren't really Battlefield maps. 

i don't play conquest.  i play vanilla breakthrough

and to my point, it's my time and i have no obligation to give it to you just so you can play what you prefer.  and how aren't they battlefield maps?  did they not come from battlefield games?  that makes them battlefield maps

my only argument in this thread is that everything should be on the table and people can play what they want with no obligations to others on what the individual chooses to play

Message 57 of 122 (254 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Moab23 wrote:

@Psubond You favour Exodus as a mode. Exodus is primarily older maps from BC2 and BF3. Then I mentioned Metro returning, and you were all for that. So yeah, you like that kind of map. 

at no point did i say i favor exodus.  i am arguing that everything should always be available and people can choose the map grouping that they enjoy

Message 58 of 122 (254 Views)

★★ Expert

@Moab23 wrote:

@mrtwotimes I don't enable crossplay because its just a frustration fest. Not that I could really find anything but the likes of Exodus when crossplay was enabled either. 

So you want to complain that most of the players are playing a certain mode, of the incredibly small player base that you are self-limiting to by disabling crossplay?

If you enable crossplay you can probably get into most modes fairly quickly, your desire (or need) to turn it off prevents you from playing the other ones. I'm sorry that your region is apparently full of hackers, here in the US I have rarely, if ever, seen anyone that I suspected as cheating, at least not in any obvious way that couldn't be accounted for with the usual lag/netcode/hit reg/etc issues.

Message 59 of 122 (236 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Anobix Why would I turn crossplay back on? So I can get instantly laser-beamed by every Xbox player within ten miles? Performance with crossplay on is atrocious and 9 times out of 10 you will lose every single close fight to a console player. Also, if its lag, why is it only one way? How come these players with high ping don't wildly miss all of their shots? I remember back in the BF2 or even BF3 days briefly being in servers with over a 100 ping and accuracy went to pot, and I'd get instantly obliterate by someone with low ping. I have low ping, and yet people claim its all down to lag. Sorry, doesn't sell. Neither does hit reg being the excuse for anything dodgy, because again, it should be going both ways. 

Message 60 of 122 (211 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help