Exodus Soaking Up All the Players

by Moab23

Original Post

Re: Exodus Soaking Up All the Players

★★★★★ Expert

@AngrySquid270 wrote:

@Moab23 wrote:

@Psubond  Why is it apparently fine that I'm not allowed to enjoy the full game? 

@Spock wrote:

Logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

Negative spock.  Each individual is entitled to play the way they want, but they are not entitled to force other individuals to play with them.

If there aren't enough people who want to play what you want...well it is what it is

Message 31 of 122 (349 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Psubond What title did you start with?

Message 32 of 122 (335 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Moab23 wrote:

@Psubond What title did you start with?

Title?

Message 33 of 122 (320 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Which BF game did you start with

Message 34 of 122 (301 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I think part of the problem is that Exodus is on the left. First choice. Most people just click on the first choice. It’s like the default mode now. Google paid millions to Apple to keep Google as the default search engine on safari. There is a reason. 
I also have to say regular conquest is fine here  on the PS4, not lacking players. 

Message 35 of 122 (300 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Moab23 wrote:

Which BF game did you start with

Battlefield 2

Message 36 of 122 (283 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Psubond So I'm a little curious why you seem to skew toward the titles that started taking more of a COD cue in the design of some maps, making them much smaller and less all aspect warfare that is the bread and butter of a Battlefield game, to the point of having literally no vehicles in them at all. I started with '42 and put most of my hours in any BF game into BF2. Even with that huge player base, Strike at Karkand was frequently popping up, and then when it was remade it popped up a lot again. BF games need to stop bringing back maps that were overplayed from previous games and putting them into main rotations of new ones because then we see barely anything of the new maps, the very same ones people were screaming to be improved, and which have and are being. Except we're barely getting to see them outside of the first week or so because they keep swapping the default back to the smaller Exodus Conquest where constant server restarts after matches have you playing the same old BF3/BC2 maps over and over. 

If there was a server browser and people could run their own servers probably 90% of them would be 2000 ticket Metro/Locker servers because it feels like the majority don't want a proper BF experience, they just want to fluff their KDR like the streamers do. 

Message 37 of 122 (271 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@JOGAGATYA I got multiple Breakthrough matches yesterday, because one of the mission requirements was playing on Breakthrough. At the very least, DICE needs to include more of this to get people into the modes, or highlight a mode on the main screen more often to mix it up. Sadly, breakthrough was empty today. 

Message 38 of 122 (268 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Moab23 wrote:

@Psubond So I'm a little curious why you seem to skew toward the titles that started taking more of a COD cue in the design of some maps, making them much smaller and less all aspect warfare that is the bread and butter of a Battlefield game, to the point of having literally no vehicles in them at all. I started with '42 and put most of my hours in any BF game into BF2. Even with that huge player base, Strike at Karkand was frequently popping up, and then when it was remade it popped up a lot again. BF games need to stop bringing back maps that were overplayed from previous games and putting them into main rotations of new ones because then we see barely anything of the new maps, the very same ones people were screaming to be improved, and which have and are being. Except we're barely getting to see them outside of the first week or so because they keep swapping the default back to the smaller Exodus Conquest where constant server restarts after matches have you playing the same old BF3/BC2 maps over and over. 

If there was a server browser and people could run their own servers probably 90% of them would be 2000 ticket Metro/Locker servers because it feels like the majority don't want a proper BF experience, they just want to fluff their KDR like the streamers do. 

I dont believe i skewed to anything.  My position is everything should be available and each individual should be able to choose what they want.  

The position you argued for is to take something away to coerce others into playing the maps you want them to play.

I am an advocate of personal freedom.  You play your way I'll  play mine

Message 39 of 122 (259 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@Moab23 be thankful you are not in a smaller region where it is sometimes difficult to find an Exodus Conquest game!
Message 40 of 122 (249 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help