Exodus Soaking Up All the Players

by Moab23

Original Post

Re: Exodus Soaking Up All the Players

Champion

@Psubond 

Or, and I know it's radical, maybe even a little kooky and outside the box....

5454.jpg

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 11 of 122 (319 Views)

★★★★ Guide

My argument is that Exodus Conquest as a mode takes away from other modes. You get shunted into a handful of maps that just replay constantly, usually Noshar or Valparaiso. Exodus is up far too frequently, and as a result, virtually nothing else gets played. Find it particularly ironic people complained about the game not having enough maps yet seem drawn to the mode that basically plays three old ones more than anything else. 

Message 12 of 122 (319 Views)

★★ Expert

@Moab23 sure, the reason people want to play exodus are multiple and for me i can tell you every one

1. much better performance i get 30-50 FPS more on average
  2. netcode is much more consistent
  3. mapflow is superior to any AOW map in the game
  4. map-detail is much grater tehn anything AOW related
  5. much better destruction across the board
  6. a lot more fun to play
  7. higher readability
  8. better balance
  9. nostalgia
  10. last but not least, i can play whatever the fudge i want for a gamemode
Message 13 of 122 (309 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Moab23 wrote:

My argument is that Exodus Conquest as a mode takes away from other modes. You get shunted into a handful of maps that just replay constantly, usually Noshar or Valparaiso. Exodus is up far too frequently, and as a result, virtually nothing else gets played. Find it particularly ironic people complained about the game not having enough maps yet seem drawn to the mode that basically plays three old ones more than anything else. 

so you are upset that when exodus is available most of the players choose that over the other game mode that is availible (the one you want to play) and your solution to this is to remove the one that people want to play so they have to play the one you want to play?

Message 14 of 122 (307 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Psubond Are we playing 2042 or BC2?

Stick it in Portal then, like the rest of the remaster content. 

Message 15 of 122 (305 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@X-Sunslayer-X So long as you're happy then, right

Message 16 of 122 (303 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Moab23 wrote:

@Psubond Are we playing 2042 or BC2?

Stick it in Portal then, like the rest of the remaster content. 

how will that change your situation?  people will just go there and play it

Message 17 of 122 (299 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Psubond Considering people played the replacement modes when it had the three season maps in it, you'd actually get to play those maps. Someone wants to play Exodus, they can go enjoy the benefit of Portal filling the server with bots for them instead of sitting in a loading screen.

Message 18 of 122 (285 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Exodus seems to be pretty popular.  Removing it just for your convenience and coercing others into playing the maps you want doesnt seem right.

I say have all maps modes and let people play the ones they want.  You are not entitled to the time of 63 or 127 other people

Message 19 of 122 (278 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Lets just throw Metro back in there then, since everyone always wanted to play that despite it being anything but a proper Battlefield map. Get rid of all the other maps and just run Metro.

Really wonder why so many people complain about any lacking in videogames when they'll literally just play the same thing over and over. 

Message 20 of 122 (270 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help