Re: Evo Armor updates

by hhnbbfggty66

Original Post

Champion

@apostolateofDOOM  I'm not the smug sort you know this, well usually anyway xD. You had concerns and every right to voice them. Tongue out

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 31 of 68 (460 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

So if I'm reading some of these comments right then it sounds like respawn wants battlefield advantage to be more important. People are saying that they dont want bad players to beat good players because of battlefield advantage. The real question and problem that respawn should be trying to solve is getting lobbies that dont have such a wide spread of skill in them. Then good players with advantageous positions will beat good players without it. And bad players with advantageous positions will fight other bad players. The skill gap in this games matches are insane. You have apex predators dropping in the same game as people who've only been playing the game for a few months. So they really should focus on making sbmm better and making the game better in general to encourage everyone who's left the game to come back, and to encourage people who are still here to stay. Changing shield values around to try and balance out the encounters in the game is the lazy mans shortcut to solving the real problems. 

Message 32 of 68 (446 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@EA_David I love it , thanks .
Didn't encounter any issue until now except for the server drop down sometimes but it's ok
Message 33 of 68 (419 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@EA_David Can I have a cookie now Standard smile
Message 34 of 68 (409 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

So in other words.....the camping conservative style of play meta is going to stick around and is being promoted.  When the developers are saying things like  “better players are winning even if the other team is camped out high” and acting like that is a problem....that’s bad.     The better player should win more times then not! The game should reward a player who has better gunskill, reactions, timing and smarts....not the player who camps out better.  

I was one of those preferring the TTK lowering just because it sped the game up and the gunfights up and seemed to reward faster twitch reflexes more such as COD.  Im for anything that goes against camping and setting up shop in rooms all match long which is what this game has turned into.

Message 35 of 68 (397 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@EA_David Aye, I woke up and looked at the Twitter notification 'Revert the armor changes'. Clicked on it and now on the forum while taking a dump Tongue out
Message 36 of 68 (395 Views)

Champion
How long before people start complaining that it takes too long to kill someone xD

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 37 of 68 (368 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Wow, this really helped the game.

I deleted Apex 2 weeks ago.

I was unhappy with the low TTK.

I felt it removed the dynamics of the long drawn out gun fights in Apex, and removed the usefulness of legend abilities.

With lower TTKs their was no reason to portal rotate or Bangalore Ult.

The TTKs where to low to utlize skill and stategies to win fights.

The game became a mindless bullet hose simulator.

-Similar to Warzone.

Players would ofter be killed (or kill) before using such Tacticals or Ults, rendering such abilities useless.

With longer TTKs players can utlize strategy to stay alive, rather it be fighting to wipe enemy squads with skill or fleeing from bad fights.

I love these changes and cant wait to give them a try.

(I wonder now would Gold Armor be better with 150hp instead of fast heals.)

Message 38 of 68 (364 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@fg1985bg Yeah this is a problem and really informs us on what the devs actually want the game to be.

Not good.
Message 39 of 68 (355 Views)

★ Guide
@apostolateofDOOM Lmfao. Cod style gameplay... If you are using the games mobility as you should be the TTK was still out of this world. We could go back and forth all day about lower or higher TTK and what skill level it applies but at the end of the day higher TTK allows for more mistakes. Enjoy your safety net.
Message 40 of 68 (345 Views)