Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Everything we know about Anthem (Resource)

by SofaJockeyUK

Original Post

Re: Everything we know about Anthem (Resource)

★★★★ Novice

As long as they fix the system, I don’t know how many times I had to restart my game cause the game froze when loading into anything outside Fort Tarsis. I left my game sit for up to 15 mins on one single image screen that did nothing. There needs to be some way of backing out of matchmaking. If it can’t find a team then launch the person into the game world and then people can join in at various stages of play.

Message 11 of 27 (268 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No text chat i am deaf how do i communicate with others ??????

Message 12 of 27 (264 Views)

★★★ Guide
Another thread addressed this. Apparently a law came into effect for disabled gamers this year. In essence, it squashed in-game communication. I don't think we have a clear way to communicate yet. Everyone is in the same boat as you, deaf or hearing. I think we are waiting to see how/if guilds are implemented, then we can go from there. Having to type messages outside of the game would be bonkers. Good luck, and roll with me sometime and we'll try to figure out something together if you want.
Message 13 of 27 (234 Views)

★★ Guide

@Rubecky @calrizian Yeah calrizian is correct.  Most likely given that if they added text chat in the game, they would also had to make it text to voice, voice to text and an adjustable text box for the visually and colorblind impaired along with including any other communication method to accommodate any other disability.  My guess would be that they will probably add it later or to create an outside the game app like Nintendo has started using for their games due to bypass/accommodate this law. Here is an article for a quick rundown of what the law states.

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/312329/FCC_issues_final_extension_for_video_game_CVAA_accessibil...

Here is the law itself in writing from the FCC.

https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides/21st-century-communications-and-video-accessibility-act-cvaa

Message 14 of 27 (225 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Ok I get this is to support disabled people which is something that should be done ( I have a friend that is disabled) but this is rediculas.

I’m guessing they had good intentions but this just won’t work.

Like others have said how will deaf people communicate, also mute people, if there is no type function ?
Message 15 of 27 (221 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Thanks for the reply its not like i cant talk. Its just we sound kinda funny and there is enough stigma with deaf people. I try to not let it bother me but people can be lets say not very understanding of my situation.
Message 16 of 27 (213 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I can totally get that with how some gamers are mate.

im still reading the FCC thing but I feel like I’m missing something. 

It it seems really slanted towards blind/visually impaired people.. which is good in some aspects but also affects other disabilities in a negative way.

if I was you (if this is the actual reason BioWare aren’t putting this in) I would start your own specific thread about this.

i will back you up on it and I’m sure loads of other would as well.. 

Message 17 of 27 (209 Views)

★★★ Guide
Agreed. @Rubecky you should start a new thread about this. It's annoying all of us.
Message 18 of 27 (194 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Biggest issue i can see here is basic if there is ONLY VoiP then i will be frustrating a lot of players. When they are screaming over VoiP i do not hear it they just rage and rage that i am doing things wrong and i get kicked from groups constantly and they think i am just being rude and or ignorant by not responding. Guess i will just have to watch videos of strong holds and do my homework before i suit up thanks for your understanding on this matter tho nice to see there are people out there that care
Message 19 of 27 (177 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Rubecky wrote:
Biggest issue i can see here is basic if there is ONLY VoiP then i will be frustrating a lot of players. When they are screaming over VoiP i do not hear it they just rage and rage that i am doing things wrong and i get kicked from groups constantly and they think i am just being rude and or ignorant by not responding. Guess i will just have to watch videos of strong holds and do my homework before i suit up thanks for your understanding on this matter tho nice to see there are people out there that care

That must be seriously frustrating.

I’m actually getting frustrated the more I think about it ha.

If I start a thread about this tomorrow would you mind if I copy and paste your posts ?

Message 20 of 27 (171 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help