Everyone has an Octane and Revenant in their team

by Cheese9Man

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Everyone has an Octane and Revenant in their team

★★★★★ Expert

Almost everyone in rank is using the Octane-Rev strat especially third partying and it is really punishing. What do you guys think about this new "meta" and do you think that they need a nerf?

Message 1 of 41 (898 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Everyone has an Octane and Revenant in their team

★★★★★ Expert

Really interested if people will still use the octane-rev combo in Olympus since it’s a bigger map. 

View in thread

Message 34 of 41 (593 Views)

All Replies

★ Expert

@Cheese9Man I think it's a bad meta and it needs some adjustments asap. Too much 3rd partying with an extra free push means basically that now it's more like apex zombies. You have multiple rounds where they attack you, just like the old cod zombies lol. A lower hp when you return to your totem would make it more balanced imo.

Message 2 of 41 (871 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Cro_Pittt I absolutely agree. I was playing as wattson in the diving board near containment and there were literally about 3-4 zombie squads dropping from the sky using jump pads. Wattson can only defend so much. LOL.
Message 3 of 41 (856 Views)

★ Expert

@Cheese9Man Fortunately this will be partially solved thanks to the return of Olympus. The way the map is designed doesn't make Revenant as much effective as he is on KC.

Message 4 of 41 (854 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Cheese9Man Wait what's the strat? I haven't been playing much ranked since I couldn't find anyone to grind with me before split.
Message 5 of 41 (845 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Lord_Scorpion34 Place rev ult, 20-30m away place octane ult (so as to not get jumped on when send back), quickly heal unless 1/2 are down and jump on that team again.

Can also be done with wraith.

This is an old play that got popular 2 weeks after rev came out because it was a good push play, but after that ‘unlimited’ duration update months ago it got recognized again but in WE or Olympus it’s not that good cause maps R too large
Message 6 of 41 (840 Views)

★ Expert

@Koochi-Q Octane is much better than Wraith after his last buff, takes less damage, cover more distance with his ult and his abilities have a way lower cooldown time. "Faster Faster Faster!" Large smile

Message 7 of 41 (833 Views)

Champion
@Cro_Pittt Didnt they disable the ability of revs to use the portal too? It was that strong. Now this is stronger maybe revs shouldnt be able to jumppad when in ult?
Message 8 of 41 (802 Views)

★ Guide
@Cheese9Man Meta is trash. They dont win games, they ruin it to others and then die after back on totem.
Message 9 of 41 (793 Views)

★ Expert
@Cheese9Man Hopefully they don't nerf Octane. As much as I love Rev ,his ult is the main issue in this one and any other times he became meta. I may have complained about his ult being useless(primarily for solo players cause of lack of proper coordination) back then but lets be honest a free push is never a good idea for a BR game. Sadly seems like Octane is gonna get the nerf hammer.
Message 10 of 41 (786 Views)