Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Everyone Just Calm Down...

by i3ig_Gun

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Everyone Just Calm Down...

★★★★★ Apprentice

This kind of thing is to be expected on a stress test demo.

I'm sure they have all hands on deck and are working on the issue.

Seems most of us are stuck at the title screen, and some are getting no room available on server.

This is a DEMO its not full release, stay calm, hold your judgements and prepare for long wait times while they bring up more/new servers, we will be in the game today.

Its just the demo my fellow freelancers. 

Message 1 of 81 (2,297 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Everyone Just Calm Down...

★★★★ Guide

Exactly this.  People are just so impatient..  This is really normal for when demos and even full releases first start up, there will be alot of back up issues, and stress on the servers so just cool it, and wait and let the devs sort things out so we can all play.

View in thread

Message 3 of 81 (2,264 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

We all need to accept that there are so many of us wanting to check out Bioware's latest baby that we will have to wait our turn.

Message 2 of 81 (2,266 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Exactly this.  People are just so impatient..  This is really normal for when demos and even full releases first start up, there will be alot of back up issues, and stress on the servers so just cool it, and wait and let the devs sort things out so we can all play.

Message 3 of 81 (2,265 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Like i said in an other forum :

Funny Fact :

Most huge Companies (greedy moneyaddichted ones) have Problems.

Many smaller ones not.

------------------------------------

20+ Years of Gaming.

Message 4 of 81 (2,262 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I'm just gonna chill here with my friend Jim Beam and wait.

Check their status page: https://www.ea.com/games/anthem/live-status

We will be getting in today... just give them a bit to work on it.
Message 5 of 81 (2,221 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@IFoxxian wrote:

I might have bought that if I hadn't participated in the alpha test that was specifically run as a "server stress test". 

So, either the folk running the alpha were incompetent at interpreting the results, or the people running the demo were incompetent at implementing the recommendations, or EA was incompetent in not providing the required resources despite being told what was going to be necessary.  But incompetence is definitely in evidence.

Message 6 of 81 (2,178 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Same server problem every single game, im tired of it.
They dont care, they just "fix" things if needed.
But they really dont care about you, just your money.
Message 7 of 81 (2,178 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I mean... technically it's not really a demo, it's a beta. And I can understand why they wanted to avoid calling it that. If they were offering it up as a mostly workable version of the product where it demonstrates the game's quality, then yeah, it would just be a demo.
as much as I agree that people need to be patient, they are (according to Mike Darrah and EA help's twitter) working the problem https://twitter.com/EAHelp/status/1088854720054210561 I feel like they also could have done some things to counteract this before it happened. This was not an unforeseeable circumstance. They could've done anything from having just a crap ton of servers, to launching the demo in stages by region so not everyone was trying to log on at once, or even making it clear BEFORE launch, that the VIP demo will have more time added to it based on how long it takes to stabilize at launch.
Don't get me wrong, it IS early access for a game that has a LOT of promise, and has been pretty heavily hyped, this kind of thing is to be expected. The problem is that it's to be expected.
anyway, I look forward to playing with people whenever they finally do get it up.

Edit: also, about the alpha being used as a stress test... it wasn't. stress tests don't work when you severely limit the number of people who can access it. 

Message 8 of 81 (2,162 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@Iusd2bded wrote:
I mean... technically it's not really a demo, it's a beta. And I can understand why they wanted to avoid calling it that. If they were offering it up as a mostly workable version of the product where it demonstrates the game's quality, then yeah, it would just be a demo.

Oh no.  This was most definitely NOT supposed to be a beta.  That was made clear by EA staff repeatedly.  This was supposed to be a true demo. 

Instead, it's simply a true fail.

Message 9 of 81 (2,141 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@ThandalNLyman 

@Palmitu 

@MGSaintX 

I cannot agree with any of your statements...

The Alpha was not a "stress test" the VIP and the February 1-3 Demos will be the true stress test... it takes hundreds of thousands of people to make a accurate stress test... That is what today and the February demo dates are for.

And No Saint, I've known big Titles like Fallout 76 that did a complete stress test and allowed players into the game (yes sometimes to just DC them within 30 - 45 minutes of play) but It still allowed Bethesda to get an accurate reading on how many people will be trying to log in. since they did it at choke point/high traffic times. 

Palmitu, if you feel that strongly about it, then just give up and it will open up slots for those of us with patience.

Message 10 of 81 (2,134 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help