Ever wonder why you suddenly suck at the game?

by Fluid-Flaire

Original Post

Ever wonder why you suddenly suck at the game?

★★★ Novice

hear me out I'm not some god like shroud or anything I'd say im fairly decent, I have 300 kills, 13 wins, 50 hours into the game and all and I'd say I'm not half bad, I play nearly all day since I downloaded it last week, so before you tell me something like "you just suck at this game go back to fortnite dumb kid" look at my stats first, the names Flaire1775 HMU if u want to play :3 (ASIA). I've just noticed this tonight but as the name says I suddenly suck BALLS at the game, a moment ago I was able to handle a 1v1, a squad fight, hell I was able to handle a squad on my own, and when a few games later I've suddenly died instantly to a gun, I got * in the * by a HEMLOK user!! a freaking HEMLOK!! while I was fully kitted no less (lvl 3 armor and a fully kitted spitfire), next game I got my * handed to by a squad with barely enough gear while my squad got destroyed and they were lower levels as well ( no hate on you guys I was a noob at first but you gotta admit the distance of the skill between a lvl 3 lifeline with 2 kills versus a level 32 Mirage with 147 kills on record on him alone). I mean as I said I don't suck * at the game im fairly decent, if you say its my squad I get teamed up with people way better than me so thats a no, * gear? ofcourse not I use a peacekeeper and the R-301 mostly and I always choose my fights, just all around * at the game? see above, better enemies? well, maybe but sometimes like the situation above thats not the case, Bad luck? Yeah sure, just tired? dude I was pumped all day playing this game and I also do take rests after a win or a good game. Idk why this happened to me and I'm sick of it, maybe the games been out so long that people just got better but I don't know I was playing decently this afternoon, does RESPAWN have a system that  puts you in to the sweaty tryhard server of * pubstompers when they notice you having good kills or something? or maybe because the adults play at night and all so more skilled players are awake, or I leveled up and get matched with the same people, I love this game, It's the one I've been having fun the most lately, It keeps me distracted from my depression and all that jazz, and to not have fun with it anymore ain't gonna cut it

any advice you would give to a fellow fan of this spectacular game? I would appreciate the advice and the discussion

Message 1 of 50 (17,003 Views)

Re: Ever wonder why you suddenly suck at the game?

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem.

But im 99% sure its due to all the hackers.

The first week of playing this game was great. i was winning gun fights i was losing some it felt just right.

In comes the second week of the game and its polluted with hackers. No matter what armor i have what gun i have how much health i have etc.... my squad always gets wiped from any distance by any weapon . 

Its become a joke .its not  normal after 1 week the game has more than 60% hacking and alot do it just to get views on their stream.

Ban the hacker Perm and their stream and see the numbers decline/

Just start by looking at stats its very easy . 

Message 2 of 50 (16,988 Views)

★ Guide
Night time usually results in more full pre made squads. Meaning harder competition less random squads

Friday and saturday nights especially.
Message 3 of 50 (16,982 Views)

★★ Guide

Can't really say, because I DO suck at the game, but I've had some weird stuff happen that can't be explained by good players or even cheating. Stuff like landing a clean shot with a shotgun on someone, getting killed anyway (that's not the weird part), and your stats saying you did 7 damage. I wish I payed attention to how much damage it showed when I hit in that situation.

Or getting downed while shooting at someone, seeing your shot connect with the enemy who is making no attempts at dodging, and it just not counting.

I think it's a server issue.

Message 4 of 50 (16,969 Views)

★★★ Newbie
The damage numbers in game and in the stats are broken because that kind of stuff has happened to me and lots of other people I have talked to.
Message 5 of 50 (16,914 Views)

★★ Guide

YouTubers give out tips and tricks daily, the playerbase is just going to get better and better at the game which means you are going to need to get better to keep up.

Message 6 of 50 (16,901 Views)

★ Apprentice
It's hacks bro. The anti-cheat does not ban hardware, just accounts. Since accounts are free, hackers just make a new account IF they get banned. More and more people are starting to realize there are no permanent cheating penalties and hacking has gotten out of control. The game is trash until they ban hardware.
Message 7 of 50 (16,881 Views)

★★★ Guide

Yeah, people are cheating and using hacks in game. * *.

Message 8 of 50 (16,804 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Just to give you a heads up the hemlock is a dirty dirty gun when people know how to use it it is a three burst kill so technically speaking they could have you dead before you get a shot off if you were shot in the back 

Message 9 of 50 (16,788 Views)

[ Edited ]

Huh. I feel this is happening to me as well.

I really hope they didnt secretly turn down the ttk or something.

I find my purple armor being chewed off instantly all the time after taking only 2-3 shots from really any gun.

Buuuuut going back and watching my first recording of the game when it just came out the ttk seems the same really.

Who knowz.

Message 10 of 50 (16,754 Views)