Ever wonder why you suddenly suck at the game?

by Fluid-Flaire

Original Post

Re: Ever wonder why you suddenly suck at the game?

★★★ Novice

People are just getting better.

When the game first launched, everyone was mediocre at best - but as the game is out longer, more and more people are signing up, and people are evolving and getting better at the game, others end up lagging behind.

My brothers and I all play on the Xbox One, and we're still able to consistently win games and outplay entire squads, each of us maintain a ~2.7-3.5 Kills to Games Played ratio, but we are even noticing that games are getting harder and harder, sweatier and sweatier because people are learning the mechanics and getting better, that's all.

Keep your hopes up my friend, don't forget to learn from your own mistakes and improve your gameplay as well!

The Hemlok is one of my favourite guns, I feel it's quite underrated, especially fully kitted out.

Message 21 of 50 (757 Views)

★ Guide
I still have not run into these 'snap 360 no scope hackers' everyone is ranting and raving about.

I would say I am average. About 20-25 times placed in top 3. Ive 1-shotted people with headshot Klaber shots and immediately downed them (it did 250 dmg).

I almost wish I would run into a blatant hacker at this point so I could give creedence to all these claims. Forums make it seem like there are 50% hackers in every match.
Message 22 of 50 (755 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

^^^ what he said.. some people just wish there were hackers everywhere to justify why they arent getting better

Message 23 of 50 (753 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@odieman1231 wrote:
I still have not run into these 'snap 360 no scope hackers' everyone is ranting and raving about.

I would say I am average. About 20-25 times placed in top 3. Ive 1-shotted people with headshot Klaber shots and immediately downed them (it did 250 dmg).

I almost wish I would run into a blatant hacker at this point so I could give creedence to all these claims. Forums make it seem like there are 50% hackers in every match.

Someone said that there are estimated to be around 2-3 million hackers out of the 25 million players so the chances of encountering them is marginally low but still possible. 

Message 24 of 50 (744 Views)

★★ Guide

@AhoyDrogon 

Since matchmaking is random wouldn't that mean every match has about 6 hackers in it?

Message 25 of 50 (734 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I echo a lot of the comments here about skills getting better over time. I know personally my skill in this game has massively impoved, and i'm seeing that in my games more and more now.

That said i'm sure there are gonna be some cheaters in the game, which is why i put together a guide to reporting cheaters, as well as abusive/troll players here.

Please use the tools we have to report these players you suspect of cheating so it can be reviewed. Only by using these tools can we increase the chances of genuine cheaters being caught and banned.

Message 26 of 50 (733 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

“Someone said that there are estimated to be around 2-3 million hackers out of the 25 million players so the chances of encountering them is marginally low but still possible.”

where do you get Your stats 25 mil people have downloaded it not even close to that play regularly so if you really think there are 2 mil hackers that would probably be close to 20% of the people that actually play regularly you are out of your mind if you really believe the crap that comes out of your mouth people claim cheater because they are not good at the game that is just the way it is I got shot in the back with a gun that if you know how to hit headshots can kill you in 4 bullets it has nothing to do with him being good he must be cheating every single person on this forum is just like ninja I died he must be cheating cheaters are in every game

Message 27 of 50 (709 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Fur-Foxx wrote:

People are just getting better.

When the game first launched, everyone was mediocre at best - but as the game is out longer, more and more people are signing up, and people are evolving and getting better at the game, others end up lagging behind.

My brothers and I all play on the Xbox One, and we're still able to consistently win games and outplay entire squads, each of us maintain a ~2.7-3.5 Kills to Games Played ratio, but we are even noticing that games are getting harder and harder, sweatier and sweatier because people are learning the mechanics and getting better, that's all.

Keep your hopes up my friend, don't forget to learn from your own mistakes and improve your gameplay as well!

The Hemlok is one of my favourite guns, I feel it's quite underrated, especially fully kitted out.

You're right, people often do get better. Yet the vast majority are not professional status, in fact, that's the minority. Furthermore, this doesn't explain why some people feel as if they've gotten worse. Good players don't become bad players, they become better. Last, you said you play on the Xbox. You guys have far less hackers than PC players, that's just common knowledge.

Message 28 of 50 (674 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have the same problem and I think I know why all of you have this. I had a hot streak and I lost it, having 0 kills in 4 days. I got mad and made a new account and realized that it is because as you level up in the game you play with harder people. During that hot streak, I would laugh when someone was a level 15 but now all I see is level 40s and 60s with 500 kills. I didn't get worse, by opponents got harder. There are no level 15s because I have leveled up and my opponents have WAY more than 5 kills. I am a level 29 btw so anyone who just feels like they aren't killing anymore and just passed level 29 too, I think that is the problem.
Message 29 of 50 (596 Views)

★★★ Newbie
You might be on console, there are hackers on PC but it is almost impossible to hack the console and there aren't people sweaty enough to do that. (in this game so far)
Message 30 of 50 (595 Views)