Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Events need to be better communicated

by CommanderBlitz2

Original Post

Highlighted

Events need to be better communicated

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

So apparently I missed out on like 3 events and had no idea. Now I've logged in at least once every week this month and had no idea these events were running (the in game news did not mention it for me, all I got was javelin tutorial videos on the feed). What I'm trying to say is the game need to better announce the fact events are indeed happening. Don't hide it between menu layers in the challenge menu or the extremely redundant news section. Have the freeplay UI reflect the fact that there is an event happening. I just hate missing out on stuff because the way the game communicates it is so poor.

Message 1 of 10 (496 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Events need to be better communicated

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hey man maybe your crystal ball isn’t working lol, I hear if you don’t play the game and just watch * Twitter you can tell exactly when and where new events come from! 

Message 2 of 10 (354 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

In game news has been blank for a dew weeks

Message 3 of 10 (345 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
So so true! Every time I log in to the game and Iam presented with the "News Page". I shake my head and think, if they cant even figure out how to fix The blank news page. Not to mention it just diverts you to another homepage <--- not cool.
Message 4 of 10 (329 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

I think call them events is a little grand, events usually are things you rush to for a storied expierence or/and great loot drops. These are simple replacing normal spawn with elites and upping the numbers a bit plus I've killed heaps and the loot seems the same old trash I'm recycling already even got the event achievement but didn't come with anything I could find. So all up you didn't miss much but your right communication from above is simply non-existent in this game.

Message 5 of 10 (306 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

What events? Wink

Message 6 of 10 (277 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide

I wonder if theyre being announced on twitter or reddit lol

Message 7 of 10 (273 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice
Agreed
Message 8 of 10 (254 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

It's not so much that the communication needs to be better...

It's the events that need to be better.

All they have done is rename some Legendary enemies to Field Lieutenant.

If anything it actually makes loot worse, because it takes longer to kill these packs, and there's no chest at the end.

For instance, in the days prior to "the event", I was getting 12 - 19 MW embers...I mean items per hour in GM3 FP.  That dropped to 6 in an hour, simply because when the Lt. Appears, so do a bunch of Brutes and Eles.  It's a bit overwhelming since people tend to avoid each other in FP for some reason.

(I know, it's tough to keep track of each other in FP if not in a pre-made..try fixing that BW...)

Events are just more of the same, sadly.

Message 9 of 10 (235 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@xenowulf wrote:

I think call them events is a little grand, events usually are things you rush to for a storied expierence or/and great loot drops. These are simple replacing normal spawn with elites and upping the numbers a bit plus I've killed heaps and the loot seems the same old trash I'm recycling already even got the event achievement but didn't come with anything I could find. So all up you didn't miss much but your right communication from above is simply non-existent in this game.

Same old trash or worse, freeplay last night seemed even less rewarding than normal.  Can I tell for certain, no, but my perception is even fewer drops of all types as compared to normal freeplay.  Fighting harder mobs for less reward? Seems like a poor design choice.

As I was playing last night I was getting to the point where I just wanted to ask the devs. Are Freeplay events designed to waste player time and slow down loot gathering? 

I just wasn't able to see the Dominion event as a fun or rewarding experience, it was just a tedious bland waste of time.  

Edit grammer

Message 10 of 10 (208 Views)
Twitter Stream