Re: Even as Jump Master ppl Break off for Fragment

by XvArawnvX

Original Post

Even as Jump Master ppl Break off for Fragment

★★ Guide

Title says it all, just so they can die all alone and quit.

Message 1 of 19 (563 Views)

★★ Guide
@Paneross It seems to be an addiction, just blow it up and make multiple poi in its wake
Message 2 of 19 (542 Views)

★★ Expert
@Paneross I only play 2 matches a day now because of so called "Balance" and "matchmaking" but if the rotation is Fragment's Edge when I log in, I log out and skip it for the day now.

Just not worth it.

I really, really want them to do things that force playing the freaking _survivial_ objective part of a Battle Royale.
Message 3 of 19 (533 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@XvArawnvXThey should raze WE, make it shore-to-shore Fragment, and rename the map "Fragment Deluxe"

Respawn:  "You wanted Fragment, here it is, good and hard"

Message 4 of 19 (514 Views)

★★ Expert

Not today Satan!

Message 5 of 19 (504 Views)

★★★ Expert

There will always be a Fragment on every map, some place people want to jump to to get themselves in a fustercluck of enemies to shoot and be done with the game or play the lottery of coming out on top.  And then they push forward on the stick to run to every next battle face first.

I don't find this happened in Ranked so much when WE was up, but yes, I do notice it in Pubs more.  It matters a lot less, though.  As pubs has basically been declared as trash mode by Respawn, I'm usually then landing just outside of Frag so that I can get loaded up before I have to either come get their box or promptly ignore them.  If I'm JM, my team mate usually drops with me, and if I'm alone I don't care.  

They usually die and I won't bother with them if they're still in the middle of a fist fight.  They usually quit and I just play on.

Changing the map won't change this.  Right now there are some core mechanics of Apex that would have to be changed that have nothing to do with the map, but might cause other problems with the game.  I've speculated on this before but the short version of this is first, it's a Battle Royale, invented initially as a fun, stupid version of a shooter but for some reason people now take seriously as a game mode.  Really?  60 people jump in a game on 20 teams and most seem to think they are supposed to have a fair, 50/50 chance of winning.

The other is it is a 'team game' (LEL) in which you are still encouraged, many times, to not work as a team.  That's any BR's problem, but the Apex spin on it has a lot of variations that don't come out well if you aren't full queuing with 3.  You do have the option to carry your team and try to work with them, regardless but I'm getting, OP, that like me, you find that a bit frustrating.  

Fragment Drop, the stink of a person thinking they are the next super pro follows most of the people who do this.

Message 6 of 19 (486 Views)

★ Novice

How about when people respawn you at a RB and take everything around you and leave you with nothing and run into battle before you even hit the ground. That's fun. Right?

Message 7 of 19 (482 Views)

★★★ Expert

@wormwood2173 

This so much.  You open your first supply bin to find shield batteries, a knockdown shield, and an ammo stack.  And you turn to see your enemy has a gun and good armor.  You get knocked right away and your hot dropping friends ignore you (not that they could pick you up anyway, with all the fighting nearby.

This is why you leave those games in an instant. 

Message 8 of 19 (472 Views)

★★★ Expert
@Paneross As Kel suggested: how are you not experiencing this on every map? Yes, fragments is slightly worse, but only slightly. If I had a dime for every time my idiot jumpmaster picked estates/labs/energy depot on Olympus I could retire now. Same on Storm Point with three or four mid-map POIs getting all the love, if you want to call it that. King's is the only map where the center is pretty exclusively transit to and from other places, but that never stopped the entire lobby from dropping into Skulltown when that was still a thing.
Message 9 of 19 (459 Views)

Champion
@Kyldenar No need to even log in. Just Google apex map tracker and check that.

I played for an hour tonight after being on vaca and not playing for a week. WE is unplayable. At this rate I'm not going to finish my BP.
Message 10 of 19 (429 Views)