Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Etiquette people! Show it.

by ComeWithMeKitty

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

Common courtesy or etiquette is something taught a person as a child.  If they don't have as an adult, they never will have it for anyone.  Devs should have known this, for I am sure they being gamers themselves have encountered a "contribute a minimum % of effort" or you do not get any treats afterward.

If I recall, Rift had something such as this for open world events.  Been so long since I've played, so pardon me, if I have it wrong here.  A player had to contribute a predetermined amount of effort in the event before they were allowed to get credit for its completion.  I think this was in Rift, and it was done so to keep nonparticipants' hands out of the pot.  You don't work?  No zoup for you! 

Message 11 of 32 (221 Views)

★ Guide

@ComeWithMeKitty wrote:

Common courtesy or etiquette is something taught a person as a child.  If they don't have as an adult, they never will have it for anyone.  Devs should have known this, for I am sure they being gamers themselves have encountered a "contribute a minimum % of effort" or you do not get any treats afterward.

If I recall, Rift had something such as this for open world events.  Been so long since I've played, so pardon me, if I have it wrong here.  A player had to contribute a predetermined amount of effort in the event before they were allowed to get credit for its completion.  I think this was in Rift, and it was done so to keep nonparticipants' hands out of the pot.  You don't work?  No zoup for you! 

gamers in multiplayer got over the years worse and worse, sadly something like etiquette is getting rare.

i can’t remember which mmo it was but I’m sure there was one that scaled the reward chest depending how much you have done.

so the outcome was a normal silver or gold chest

Message 12 of 32 (204 Views)

★★ Apprentice

If you can already open the chest the event is complete. Dont have to do anything but opening the chest. Stop whining.

And players being unable to participate in events from start to finish is once again, developers fault. More than 2 months have passed, STILL NO ONE BOTHERED TO ADD MARKERS TO THE BLOODY EVENTS ON THE MAPS, its driving me insane how stupid that is.

Message 13 of 32 (191 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

In GM3 freeplay, I just invite anyone on the map to a group. Most people accept and rendezvous then we tear the place up. Is good!

Message 14 of 32 (181 Views)

★★ Guide

@Affelainen wrote:

That is not ok. you help, and you let the player who started the event open his chest!!! that's just common courtesy.

I disagree, efficiency first. I never care about that.

Message 15 of 32 (171 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Fachverkaeufer wrote:

@Affelainen wrote:

That is not ok. you help, and you let the player who started the event open his chest!!! that's just common courtesy.

^

^

^

This.

Message 16 of 32 (154 Views)

★★ Guide

@KALIUMG wrote:

@Fachverkaeufer wrote:

@Affelainen wrote:

^

^

^

This.

you guys summed yourself up perfectly, no need for me to add anything, since i already did in my initial statement.

Message 17 of 32 (142 Views)

★★ Guide

@Affelainen wrote:

@KALIUMG wrote:

@Fachverkaeufer wrote:

@Affelainen wrote:

^

^

^

This.

you guys summed yourself up perfectly, no need for me to add anything, since i already did in my initial statement.

Of course, but you know what? I dont care what you think about me.

Message 18 of 32 (135 Views)

★★ Guide

@Fachverkaeufer wrote:

@Affelainen wrote:

@KALIUMG wrote:

@Fachverkaeufer wrote:

@Affelainen wrote:

^

^

^

This.

I wouldnt expect that from you either, you kind of defined yourself early who you are as a player and person. But i only have this question? why are you bothering people on a forum for a game you dont even play? or is the one person actually interested in your views busy. 

Message 19 of 32 (122 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Fachverkaeufer wrote:

@Affelainen wrote:

@KALIUMG wrote:

@Fachverkaeufer wrote:

@Affelainen wrote:

^

^

^

This.

^

^

^

This.

Message 20 of 32 (113 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help