Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Error loading pilot data when playing the seasonal expedition

by andydsmm

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Error loading pilot data when playing the seasonal expedition

★★★ Apprentice

Hey everyone,

I just want to bring this to the attention of any devs that might read this, today there seems to be a server side issue that is affecting only the seasonal expedition (temple of scar), since 4 times in a row, I get  the error loading pilot data at the beginning of the round. I tried restarting the game before each retry attempt and the problem still persists.

Needless to say I lost my 3 sigils, totaling 12 sigil resources gone to waste.

There seems to be no issue going into freeplay, only the seasonal expedition part.

Anyone else having that issue?

Message 1 of 10 (2,021 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Error loading pilot data when playing the seasonal expedition

★★★ Apprentice
@andydsmm Quick update, seems to be working fine now. I guess it was a temporary issue

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (1,995 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Apprentice
@andydsmm Quick update, seems to be working fine now. I guess it was a temporary issue
Message 2 of 10 (1,996 Views)

★★★ Pro

With all due respect, have you recently started playing?  I ask because if you're only getting pilot data errors during one aspect of the game, you are lucky as hell lmfao.

Message 3 of 10 (1,961 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Jonny_Castilloux I'm actively playing daily since very late October and ofcourse I do get these errors from time to time, honestly quite rarely, maybe a few times a week which is acceptable.
Today was not ordinary for me, since it happened 4 times in a row, I've never had that happen hence why I thought there was some server problem.
Message 4 of 10 (1,927 Views)

★★★ Pro

@andydsmm ah.  I've been playing since Day 1.  Believe me, they used to be much worse.  I find now the frequency of my errors varies depending on the latest patch.  Are you on PS4?  If so, have you changed your DNS (DSN) settings?  I found that helped me a great deal.

Message 5 of 10 (1,816 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Jonny_Castilloux Yeah, I've read many horror stories on how bad the game had been after its launch and well into summer 2019, I wasn't a part of the player base at that moment.
I am playing on PC, and have no issues today at all, I guess it was a fluke.
Message 6 of 10 (1,787 Views)

★★★ Pro

@andydsmm ah ok that's good.  Maybe the weekly reset helped.  Or the full moon lol.  Glad it's working.  I can't take credit for the PS4 DSN fix, but it's helped many Freelancers.  I try to pass it on whenever I can.  Take care - see you in the field.

Message 7 of 10 (1,781 Views)

@Jonny_Castilloux  I have been playing Anthem from day 1 and you know, not everybody has those issues with the game.... That's the reason I started answering on this forum. I am amazed sometimes to see the number of problems players have had with this game and still do today but most of the time there is a solution for those who don't give up too early...

- Carpe diem and enjoy your game -

Just a normal gamer trying to help – not working for EA

Message 8 of 10 (1,692 Views)

★★★ Pro

@Valhalla-strider yeah, I was one of those who had massive problems from the start.  It's definitely much better now.  I maybe get a pilot error once per day, and depending on the patch, I get the PS4 blue screen of death maybe once every 1-2 weeks (playing every day).  Is it my console?  I don't know.  My PS4 is an original - I bought it the first year they came out.  However, as many say, I've never had issues with any other games - D2, Fallout 4, Outer Worlds, Terminator, Doom, to name a few.  Could be my region?  I dunno.  For those who never had problems, you are truly blessed lol.

Message 9 of 10 (1,502 Views)

@Jonny_Castilloux     I know I'm blessed but I bought my PC just before Anthem came out (expecting a demanding game) and I suppose that's the reason why I had so few issues.

From what I have seen, PS4 is the most affected, then Xbox and PC... Maybe the age of your PS4 has something to do with it....Anthem was never very well optimized so you can't compare it with other games that worked well on the console, I ear that comment a lot and Anthem is the only game that doesn't work for a lot of p!Ayers and it is one of the reasons they gave up (which I can understand).

If you have the opportunity one day to play on a good PC try it and you will be amazed by the difference. In the meantime I hope you won't have too many issues... Fingers crossed Wink

- Carpe diem and enjoy your game -

Just a normal gamer trying to help – not working for EA

Message 10 of 10 (1,401 Views)
Twitter Stream