Entire Origin account banned for game swearing?

by psetokaiba

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Entire Origin account banned for game swearing?

★★★★★ Novice

Hey folks. To my amazement, i find out i got banned today.
I really DISLIKE when i get trash talked in voice chat by team mates, but getting the ENTIRE Origin account banned, for calling some one a single word that starts with "R", when trying to deal with toxic people?

Doesn't EA have stuff like... i dont know... VOICE CHAT and CHAT bans for the game, they were reported in?

And not only that you can get banned for TEXT only chat WAY faster than cheaters (if they ever get banned), but with the current state of the game, you cant even mute the voice chat of your team mates, because BUGS.

So you end up with trash talking teammates on the voice chat, where you cant mute them, and they get free reign on their activites, because the voice chat is not recorded and moderated.

Not only that, but a entire 7 days of account suspension... And the following text:

"

Since this is a serious violation, we are suspending your account for 168 hours (one week), effective immediately.

At this point, your risk of an account ban is high, so we would ask you to reconsider your behavior if you want to continue playing on your account.

"

Which is frankly borderline outrageous.
What is considered a serious violation? To get insulted non-stop on voice chat, and then getting banned for replying back?
But see,  CHEATERS in ranked, in every few matches, that the ingame reports do nothing about, and the manual reports take WEEKS to have them banned are nothing to be frustrated about.

I am a paying customer, and this is REALLY frustrating.

Message 1 of 7 (7,944 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Entire Origin account banned for game swearing?

Hey @psetokaiba 

Sorry to hear that you got banned.

However never react when people are trash talking, engaging in toxic behavior.
This will result in also action taken towards your account and well.. now we are here.

There are plenty of ways to report this behavior and mute/ silence these players.

If you feel this ban is unfair, you can appeal it by contacting the terms of service team.

Click here to reach out to the Terms of Service team.

They try to reply within 5 business days but it could take a bit longer due to the increased safety measures being put in place.
Just keep an eye on your mailbox and also check your spam and promotion folders as sometimes these emails can get routed over there.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (7,835 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

Just to enjoy it! 

You know the toxic drill in Apex, do a bad play, jump or something else that most russians dissapprove to they going to F your wife and R your daughter. I played ranked and past gold with pure agony then in to plat and all you hear is ppl on broken english screaming BS.

Another things that is quite amazing (might happend to you dunno) You do bad play,drop,move they report your for harrassment, just for fun i checked my account status am like hammered with Harrassment reports. 

I also got a warning today for Harrassment even if i dont type in game just voice no idea what it is about cause it did not say but possibly i made wrong left turn ingame and died and someone AFTER F my wife and R my daughter etc etc finally report me for harrassment.

Decided today tho not a dime i will pitch in more to this game, Quite clear others can ( not always ) make up things that takes all away from you. 

Message 2 of 7 (7,937 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

If Valve were the distributors instead of EA, getting a chat ban would have been the outcome of my actions. But nah...
Its EA, the way its meant to be p(l)ayed.
I dont even get, how there are 2 different entities, that manage your accounts - EA and Respawn.
Both can ban you, but only EA has the final word.
And in case something goes wrong... Good luck with EA. Their response times (if there is response at all) about unjust bans or false-positives is insanely slow.
 I have been sitting in the Apex Legends Discord, having a Legend Role in it, from helping players in the #game-support channel, only to get  whacked by some ungrateful toxic kid/russian/whatever else you can imagine (and by EA).

This is how you lose customers EA, because i aint spending a single eurocent on your game anymore.

Message 3 of 7 (7,929 Views)

★ Guide
@psetokaiba Yeah I was playing Pathfinder the other day in a normal Trios game and went to scan a beacon I'd pinged, then zipped over the direction my teamates ran to and an enemy squad popped up from the direction they came and killed me on my zipline.

My Horizon screamed that I deserved to die for scanning the beacon, and that I should die IRL too in voicechat. I went to mute them but of course it doesn't work, so I ended up listening to another ten minutes of him saying how bad I was and how I had no game sense until he eventually died. With me getting 1.3k damage and him getting 27 I might add. But I'm sure he's not going to get so much as a warning for it...

That's insane that you get a week long ban on origin for language. Just give a mute if you're so offended by someone getting sick of your voicechat mute somehow not being fixed after MONTHS AND MONTHS. Like honestly, it's just muting voicechat, it's been done a billion times, how can you not figure it out!?
Message 4 of 7 (7,887 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@psetokaiba It look like they ban people who use words that describe perfectly EA. Go to Steam!
Message 5 of 7 (7,849 Views)

Hey @psetokaiba 

Sorry to hear that you got banned.

However never react when people are trash talking, engaging in toxic behavior.
This will result in also action taken towards your account and well.. now we are here.

There are plenty of ways to report this behavior and mute/ silence these players.

If you feel this ban is unfair, you can appeal it by contacting the terms of service team.

Click here to reach out to the Terms of Service team.

They try to reply within 5 business days but it could take a bit longer due to the increased safety measures being put in place.
Just keep an eye on your mailbox and also check your spam and promotion folders as sometimes these emails can get routed over there.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 6 of 7 (7,836 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, I'm locking this thread as there is nothing that we can do on AHQ in relation to this.

If you are in-game and another user is being abusive then please report them by following the steps in this link: https://www.easy.ac/en-us/support/apexlegends/contact/report/

It is never acceptable to insult or abuse another user no matter the circumstances.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 7 (7,827 Views)