Apex Legends

by xxKraze559xx

Original Post

Enemy footsteps

★ Guide

For the love of god fix these!!

For me they are none existent leading to multiple deaths due to having no idea someone was there.

i can hear teammate footsteps from multiple buildings away to the point they actually drown out more important noises yet enemies make no noise at all.

why have teammates be so damn loud and enemies so quiet?

Message 1 of 17 (876 Views)

Re: Enemy footsteps

★★★ Guide
Are you using a headset?
Message 2 of 17 (837 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yea your not using a head set. I use the wireless turtle beach and can hear everything around me and can tell what legends they are. (Don’t buy the wireless turtle beach only last for like 5 hrs. Good sound and pick up just super annoying to recharge

Message 3 of 17 (833 Views)

Apex Legends

★ Apprentice

More content soon I would hope. Also the audio in the game has been so so for me. When there is a good number of enemies shooting around me. My audio tends to become distorted. Also it's near impossible to hear enemies footsteps. Other than that, great game and keep up the great job!!!!!

Message 4 of 17 (784 Views)

★★ Guide

Nah, this game has serious audio bugs. Many people, like myself unfortunately, deal with them. I have a pretty good headset before you ask. 

In fact, I was just killed in a game because a bloodhound was able to walk right up to me and empty have of his mag into me without me hearing a single sound- remember this is at near point blank range. 

No he wasn't a cheater.

I'm not the only one experiencing audio bugs like this, go check out the bug section or google it. I can drop hot and literally have no sound for a full 2 minutes then sound will just come crashing in a like a wave causing massive ear ra-- trauma. 

Message 5 of 17 (809 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to post and share your feedback with everyone.

For those seeing an issue with audio, can I ask on what platform you are playing and what audio device you are using?

If for example, you can only play audio in stereo then you need to ensure that you select this both in-game and on your system, if for example you have stereo headphones and are outputting sound in surround then you will see issues.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 17 (749 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@EA_Darko I'm on PS4 using Astro 40's on optical setting.

Audio was fine at launch, but over the past few weeks I have had the same issues as OP. Audio fine, then out of nowhere a player has run (I mean run, no walk or sneak) up on me without a sound.

I can't tell if it's certain characters or across the board but it's frustrating when it happens.

I have tried my headset on surround sound and stereo since noticing this and it seems to occur no matter which setting is used.

Like I say, this was not happening at launch, but started maybe 3 weeks ago for me.

Message 7 of 17 (720 Views)

★ Guide
I play on a PS4 Pro and I use a HyperX Cloud II headset. While plugged directly into the remote the sound is great and I can hear footsteps along ways away. However, if I use the dongle and plug in via a usb port the sound is muffled with both stereo and 7.1 suround sound.
Message 8 of 17 (704 Views)

Community Manager

That it works fine when plugged directly into the remote @unogobangbang and no when over Bluetooth I assume, points to an issue with the dongle or interference in the room. If it was an issue with the game then it would affect all setups.

Can you try plugging your headset into the TV directly to see how it sounds?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 17 (691 Views)

★ Guide

Not using bluetooth but I have no problem with the game, it is just playstation.  Works fine with other games.

Message 10 of 17 (673 Views)