Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Enemy Shield Recharge is Too Fast!

by Shaddoll23

Original Post

Enemy Shield Recharge is Too Fast!

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have ran the Stronghold on hard several times and I'm not sure if I'm encountering a bug, or if this is intended on hard.  The enemy hunter's shields are recharging in the time it takes to reload a weapon.  I'm stuck relying on teammates to be attacking the same enemy or I have to take his shield down with a gun, then combo him with abilities, reload, and repeat.

Message 1 of 25 (527 Views)

★★★★ Guide

The enemy shields recharge far too quick in all levels of difficulty... You get it partly or mostly down, go to reload, and it just instantly recharges.  I dont want enemies to be easy, but that seems a little too fast to me.

Message 2 of 25 (522 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, this can be a problem, shield recharge very fast when they aren't taking damage, much faster than players' do, and there are more of them laying down constant fire, so it can be hard to wear them down, especially if you're fighting two or more tough shielded enemies at once.

Generally speaking, enemy shields should be easy enough to take down that you can drop them, deal at least a little damage before they regen. That way, against an enemy balanced to be "tough," you might have to take down their shields several times, but at the very least, each time you wear them down a bit more.

Message 3 of 25 (516 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

ice and lightning elem can bring them it down quickly but yes they recharge so fast, bioware needs to add some emp debuff when they get hit by lightning they should have this debuff, unable to recharge shield for a moment.

another problem is that enemy shield are more durable than the health, our guns are also weak against shields

Message 4 of 25 (505 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

gotta keep doing damage, man. use electricity to cut down that shield HARD!!!.

when you got the shield down, freeze that mofo, or put it on fire. something to keep the damage going..

or well, play with friends and 4v1 them all !!

Message 5 of 25 (482 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide
The fact it starts it’s recharging before some guns can even reload is a serious problem
Message 6 of 25 (477 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I've not yet encountered the elemental weapon stuff, but I'm gonna look into that before I criticise shields too harshly. I'll say this though, I don't mind the recharge rate because I'm throwing grenades and God-only-knows what at these enemies, but I have to pile it on all at once, making the already bullet-spongey enemies unnecessarily more so.
Message 7 of 25 (449 Views)

★ Apprentice

@madchuska83 wrote:

I have ran the Stronghold on hard several times and I'm not sure if I'm encountering a bug, or if this is intended on hard.  The enemy hunter's shields are recharging in the time it takes to reload a weapon.  I'm stuck relying on teammates to be attacking the same enemy or I have to take his shield down with a gun, then combo him with abilities, reload, and repeat.

I noticed this too. Many times they would recharge before i could reload. Could maybe use a slight tweak. 

Message 8 of 25 (385 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@madchuska83 wrote:

Yup, I noticed this too, It didn't occur in the VIP Demo.

The Elite Hunters would take a full clip, grenade and a rocket to wipe the shield which was back in the time it took to reload.

Whilst we are on the subject of shields take them of the scouts / snipers. If they do insane damage they should benefit from being shielded.

Message 9 of 25 (372 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I disagree learn to combo I played on hard and it was easy ...

Message 10 of 25 (346 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help